Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 01-14-2014, 01:07 AM   #21
Sosua

Brown Belt

vCash: 50
They both have a 29% chance

Sosua is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 01:15 AM   #22
shelterdog

Green Belt

vCash: 504
fluke kick? not at all, he practiced that and landed it in the most clutch spot possible...

besides the kick it was a very close fight that Pettis very well could have won without landing the big kick...

second fight Bendo was taking more kicks to the body than he knew what to do with, so if the sub didnt come a KO was surely around the corner

Old 01-14-2014, 01:52 AM   #23
Jawth

Black Belt

vCash: 1233
Quote:
Originally Posted by campbecc View Post
Bendo has the better chance of winning a 3rd fight of the two. Their first fight was really close, the showtime kick won the title for Pettis up to that point it was anyones fight. It was not a fluke kick but when a single strike decides the difference in a fight that could have gone either way you know either guy could have won. He caught Bendo in the second fight with a submission. Both are legitimate wins but I still think Bendo has a decent chance in a third fight (not a favorite but a decent chance).

I wouldn't like Andersons chances, he's not getting any younger and he has to recover from a serious injury before even training again.
It really wasn't. Anthony clearly won three rounds, maybe even four. The two most dominant rounds were 3 and 5, both owned by Pettis.

I have no idea where this "Bendo would have won without the Showtime kick" crap came from, but Pettis dominated the fifth round even without the kick.

It was competitive, but very clear cut win for Pettis. Still, being competitive is more than Anderson could ever do to Weidman, so I agree Bendo would have a better chance at beating Pettis than Anderson would against Weidman.

Old 01-14-2014, 01:57 AM   #24
Selukrid612

Brown Belt

vCash: 0
Bendo for sure, especially considering Anderson's age and the fact that he just suffered a horrific injury that he might not ever fully recover from.

Selukrid612 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 01:58 AM   #25
SamuraiWolf

Brown Belt

vCash: 500
I'm going to go with Bendo. He has a lot of fight left in him and I could probably see there actually being a third fight in this saga.

Old 01-14-2014, 02:03 AM   #26
muaythaibeast

Purple Belt

I'd go Ben. The first fight was a close decision, the 2nd he got subbed (and I honestly never thought I'd see Ben Henderson get subbed).
Anderson just got anilhated twice, it was like when Anderson took over from Franklin.

muaythaibeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 02:08 AM   #27
Hanoi Rox

Black Belt

Benson because Anderson has to come back from a terrible injury and is already one the back nine of his career.