Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 07-07-2013, 04:18 PM   #31
Wickerman

Purple Belt

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Professional View Post
They don't even want to watch mma anymore now?

Yes there are still amazing and exciting fighters but if Anderson isn't champion anymore then I'm just not interested in watching. Nobody can capture that level of excitement and unpredictability when they fight. Anderson is the reason that I joined Sherdog to begin with. I will still read about it but I don't care about any fights or upcoming fights or who fights. It just doesn't matter anymore.

I feel like my best friend died or something. I actually found myself wishing death on Chris Weidman last night. Say what you want. Call it extreme butthurt or youmad or jimmies rustled or crying or whatever. I feel so much worse than I did when Fedor lost. It was an unimaginable scenario for me. Not in my worst nightmares could Anderson be knocked out. Sure I'm venting right now. I had to. I was in shock over it last night. I lost sleep over it. My girlfriend thinks I'm being silly but she doesn't understand. She tried to compare it to football and the Steelers being champs but I can't make the connection.

MMA is pretty much ruined for me now. Am I the only one?
Awww... Need a hug or something? Well, tough $hit bro, welcome to life.

Condit
Frankie
Wickerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 04:23 PM   #32
JustBleed

Brown Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professional View Post
They don't even want to watch mma anymore now?

Yes there are still amazing and exciting fighters but if Anderson isn't champion anymore then I'm just not interested in watching. Nobody can capture that level of excitement and unpredictability when they fight. Anderson is the reason that I joined Sherdog to begin with. I will still read about it but I don't care about any fights or upcoming fights or who fights. It just doesn't matter anymore.

I feel like my best friend died or something. I actually found myself wishing death on Chris Weidman last night. Say what you want. Call it extreme butthurt or youmad or jimmies rustled or crying or whatever. I feel so much worse than I did when Fedor lost. It was an unimaginable scenario for me. Not in my worst nightmares could Anderson be knocked out. Sure I'm venting right now. I had to. I was in shock over it last night. I lost sleep over it. My girlfriend thinks I'm being silly but she doesn't understand. She tried to compare it to football and the Steelers being champs but I can't make the connection.

MMA is pretty much ruined for me now. Am I the only one?

There will be no other loss that compares to the way Silva lost last night. I was there when Fedor got subbed, Lyoto's invincibility shattered, and when GSP got Serra'd. Not even one of those fights comes close to the amount of shock I felt when Silva got KTFO'd by Weidman. Silva did more then destroy his own mystic, he shattered the notion of invincibility itself. We've all been watching silva for years fight like a cartoon character, him losing was the farthest thing from the realm of possibility. His fans looked at him as the closest thing to a superhuman...but that all came down last night. Anderson and every other man on this planet is just that...a man.

Old 07-07-2013, 04:25 PM   #33
frederick

Brown Belt

I kinda know what you mean. It's like when the arch-nemesis in a story is conquered, the whole story seems pointless afterwards.

frederick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 05:45 PM   #34
JinKazama

Red Belt

Ridiculous

Time to open up the curtains and step outside dude

' He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. '
- Jim Elliot
JinKazama is offline   Reply With Quote