Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion > MMA Pictures and Multimedia

MMA Pictures and Multimedia Photos, Video, Audio - MMA ONLY

Old 07-22-2014, 11:00 AM   #21
Renegadewonder1

Green Belt

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDaddyBach View Post
Well, they shouldn't but they do and that is what bugs me more about the UFC than anything else. They build up a guy with tailor made stylistic match ups until they have no choice and have to make the fight that fans want to see. There was no excuse for Anderson not fighting a wrestler w/ good subs at LHW but the UFC made bank off of declaring him GOAT and feeding him tailor made match ups. Hindsight 20/20, we now starting to see Andy for he was: a great fighter but not the GOAT.

The same thing is happening w/ Rousey now and I doubt we will see her fight Cyborg at 145, never mind 135. UFC made a killing off the idea of Spider as GOAT and now they are starting to do the same w/ Ronda. Annoyingly, UFC has a habit of marketing said fighters as 'best in the world' but they do not consistently fight the best in the world, yet the sheeple eat it up.

Conor, on the other hand, is something entirely different. Even if he loses, it will not really matter. His true supporters will stick with him, thick and thin, no matter what. kkHis ability to be entertainingly inspirational yet articulate is his greatest gift.
Well said big daddy bach. Everybody hates the sheeple.

Renegadewonder1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 11:11 AM   #22
Senzo Tanaka

Black Belt

How crazy is it that a guy 3 fights in his UFC career and at weight class like Featherweight gets one of the biggest entrance reactions in UFC history?

The only entrance I can remember rivaling it is the GSP/Serra 2 in Canada and that was way more people.

Fighters should take note. Have a personality, talk a lot, make a name for yourself and you can be a mega star without even fighting.

Senzo Tanaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 11:13 AM   #23
hasar

Blue Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhoneKill View Post
I dont understand why ppl are this hyped for the guy unless you re Irish. He reminds me of Evans(who got a lot of hate for being cocky) and McGregor is cocky.

I think he can go far, but I need to see him against some better comp before I put the same amount of faith in this guy as the avg. sherdogger does.
Too bad you can't recognize true greatness.

hasar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 11:44 AM   #24
Kemeticsoul

Blue Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senzo Tanaka View Post
How crazy is it that a guy 3 fights in his UFC career and at weight class like Featherweight gets one of the biggest entrance reactions in UFC history?

The only entrance I can remember rivaling it is the GSP/Serra 2 in Canada and that was way more people.

Fighters should take note. Have a personality, talk a lot, make a name for yourself and you can be a mega star without even fighting.
Bro, it's not as simple as just talking. It's the confidence involved and the look and the talent. McGregor has all three.

Kemeticsoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 12:18 PM   #25
KILL KILL

Red Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDaddyBach View Post
My thing is this: Can't we just appreciate what is going on now?

Yes, he is human and is therefor inherently flawed and mortal.

This is one of those times where we will look back on and say "jeez, I wish I were more in the moment when that happened". They say life is what happens when your making other plans. I say, let's just absorb this moment and not worry about if/when he loses and if he gets that belt. Saturday was an amazing moment for all Irish people and the sport of MMA.

I feel like this is right out of Braveheart. It would be impossible for him to 'defeat the English King' but regardless, he will die trying and it will make one hell of a story. Like William Wallace, if he does not conquer the entire world and only a part, he will be crucified for not making good on his word and being a blasphemer/heretic.

Right now, people are finally proud to be Irish again and the amazing thing is, it happened because of the sport we love. I for one, will support the fighting Irish spirit above all else and Conor because he was the catalyst for this redemptive spirit. I will support him win, lose, draw and any hardship he may encounter, just based on the good he has given us so far.
what the hell are you talking about?

Old 07-30-2014, 12:03 PM   #26
DeathxxMetal

Purple Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by BomberMan View Post
You know the guy is a maniac when he does somersaults and capoeira shit BEFORE the fight, his confidence is just through the roof. Can't wait till he becomes champ and take the UFC to the next level, hope he stays healthy.

If you're a MMA fan, you would WANT Connor Mcgregor to become champion.
I bet you're a Dodson fan, too. Lol.

As an MMA fan, an actual fan of the sport, I prefer guys like Cain or GSP as opposed to the Conors and the Sonnen wannabes. I like champions who are well mannered, well spoken, excellent ambassadors for the sport. Because when Cain steps in the cage and that calm dude from the preshow turns into a bloodthirsty savage, it shows just how much different this sport is than say boxing. Boxers will talk all kinds of mad shit and hype the fight up to monumental proportions....then it comes time to fight and they fail to deliver.

Someone like Cain doesn't need to hype fights, so he doesn't. Because he knows once that cage door closes, all eyes will be on him and all asses will be on the edge of...if not out of their seats.

DeathxxMetal is offline   Reply With Quote