Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 02-23-2014, 03:18 PM   #21
RachelZane

White Belt

vCash: 500
DC vs Gus for next #1 challenger spot

beating a guy who is not top10 should not qualify you for a shot at fighting the champ

Old 02-23-2014, 03:54 PM   #22
endiadj

White Belt

Ronda will destroy Cat, I'm afraid, unless Cat has improved drastically from the Tate fight. Cyborg isn't happening this year. Davis is most likely next up. Maybe Eye after her. If Cat fights this year, Rousey/Cat won't happen until Nov./Dec.

endiadj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 07:34 PM   #23
JAB2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by endiadj View Post
Ronda will destroy Cat, I'm afraid, unless Cat has improved drastically from the Tate fight. Cyborg isn't happening this year. Davis is most likely next up. Maybe Eye after her. If Cat fights this year, Rousey/Cat won't happen until Nov./Dec.
Do you have some sort of confirmation that Rousey/Cyborg won't happen this year?

Zingano will be ready for Ronda's next defense, she doesn't have much recovering left to do, if any.

"Maybe Eye after her".... Dafuq?

Old 02-24-2014, 03:44 PM   #24
endiadj

White Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAB2013 View Post
Do you have some sort of confirmation that Rousey/Cyborg won't happen this year?

Zingano will be ready for Ronda's next defense, she doesn't have much recovering left to do, if any.

"Maybe Eye after her".... Dafuq?
No confirmation, but Cyborg has to cut weight then fight a few times before getting to Ronda, per Dana. If Cat fights this year, she will get a shot out of the box. Davis, maybe. Yes, Eye is a top contender who hasn't faced Ronda yet. Maybe Kauffman.

Last edited by endiadj; 02-24-2014 at 04:02 PM.
endiadj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 03:59 PM   #25
wellsdj1

Brown Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAB2013 View Post
Ronda will wait for Zingano.

DC is staying ready to fill in for any of the fighters at UFC 172... Jones, Glover, Davis, or Rumble.. He could match-up with any of them. If DC doesn't fill in for someone though, he probably won't get another fight until after That card.

It all depends on the results of UFC 172.
Great idea to have DC ready for UFC 172 as backup but he can't be Glover's backup because Jones won't except a sudden change in opponents. We'll have another UFC 151

wellsdj1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 04:18 PM   #26
MOJO Fire

Black Belt

From here on out all of Rondas fights will revolve around her movie schedule until she retires in 3 years. So get to use to 6-9 month waits and maybe 1 more quick turn around

Old 02-24-2014, 04:20 PM   #27
Leopld Stotch

Orange Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nydarkfern View Post
what a sad state the ufc is in for at least the next 4-5 months. whats the next big fight everyone is looking at? vitor-weidman? and after that?....
what? Gus vs Manuwa..... ok maybe that's not your cup of tea but after that we got Lawler vs Hendricks & after that we got Henderson vs Shogun ... or what about Werdum vs Browne or Jones vs Teixeira. And those are just the main events. Get your shit together, your embarrassing yourself.

So let's just simmer down a bit here champ

Leopld Stotch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 04:24 PM   #28
jase0910

Blue Belt

If Evans' recovery comes along pretty quickly, then I can see Cormier waiting. That's a big fight in the LHW division, and legitimizes a potential shot at Jon Jones.

As for Ronda, I actually see her getting the itch to fight sooner rather than later, schedules permitting. That's where Alexis Davis would come in. If she ends up waiting until the end of the summer, then there's a greater likelihood that Zingano is ready. Then, should the stars align and Cyborg actually does something besides TALK about going to 135, we will hopefully see that fight by the end of the year.

jase0910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 04:40 PM   #29
milliniar

Silver Belt

vCash: 38550
Quote:
Originally Posted by prikoke View Post
she can't afford to do that, nobody's gonna watch the events without UFC's biggest star
well she is she's filming 2 movies

Av by Empty Emp
milliniar is offline   Reply With Quote