Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 02-12-2014, 01:07 PM   #81
KaNesDeath

Brown Belt

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by glowworm View Post
Lol are you retarded. You're implying Kizer left his job as part of some secret scheme to allow Vitor Belfort to fight?
Do you realize everything the athletic commissions are in charge of? You think they give a chit about 1 mma fighter
I believe this is one of many reasons. An to the second question i bolded its more about the organization behind said fighter and their documented influence within the NSAC.

We wont know until the NSAC makes a ruling on the matter.

KaNesDeath is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 01:32 PM   #82
GustavHolst**
Banned

vCash: 866
I guarantee you that some of the fighters who have a TUE have them because they abused PEDs. Low testosterone for someone under 40 is relatively rare, and even then it's usually caused by obesity or diabetes, which we don't see often in MMA. Furthermore, there is no way that these men got to the highest level of their sports having naturally low testosterone.

Frankly, I don't mind TRT in those who have low test for whatever reason, as long as it gets them to normal levels as the average fighter. It provides for better fights, and has health benefits for the respective fighters.

GustavHolst** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 09:26 PM   #83
Omega Man

Brown Belt

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GustavHolst View Post
I guarantee you that some of the fighters who have a TUE have them because they abused PEDs. Low testosterone for someone under 40 is relatively rare, and even then it's usually caused by obesity or diabetes, which we don't see often in MMA. Furthermore, there is no way that these men got to the highest level of their sports having naturally low testosterone.

Frankly, I don't mind TRT in those who have low test for whatever reason, as long as it gets them to normal levels as the average fighter. It provides for better fights, and has health benefits for the respective fighters.
This. Just monitor the fighters closely. I could care less if Vitor used steroids in the past. As long as his T levels are not higher than normal, its all good to me.

Omega Man is offline   Reply With Quote