Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 02-20-2014, 12:42 PM   #61
Reach4theSky
Positive Vibration

vCash: 500
I had that reaction when Belfort uppercutted Henderson. I had that "Herb Dean" reaction.

.....That is all.
Reach4theSky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 12:43 PM   #62
The ScorpioN
"GET OVER HERE!"

vCash: 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Normal View Post
People always underestimate the way emotions and thoughts get warped while doing hallucinogenic drugs. You feel differently about things, I really can't watch anything violent while on shrooms, it's very different from watching fights sober or baked; at least IMO.
This is true, I saw Duffee KO De Fries on acid, and I lost my faith in humanity. I couldn't, for the life of me, understand why would anybody fight another human being. Was such a foreign and evil concept to me at the time.

But when I watch it high, it's fucking amazing. I get emotionally involved in the fight much more. Saw Machida/Mousasi baked out of my mind, and Machida's fight ability completely blew my mind. Was amazing.

I also get these thoughts about how would I feel if I'm standing across from someone like JDS, who I know is a trained fucking killing machine and we're about to fight. Scary thought. I don't know why JDS, probably because he always brutally destroys guys.

The ScorpioN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 12:45 PM   #63
Max Normal

Blue Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by The ScorpioN View Post
This is true, I saw Duffee KO De Fries on acid, and I lost my faith in humanity. I couldn't, for the life of me, understand why would anybody fight another human being. Was such a foreign and evil concept to me at the time.

But when I watch it high, it's fucking amazing. I get emotionally involved in the fight much more. Saw Machida/Mousasi baked out of my mind, and Machida's fight ability completely blew my mind. Was amazing.
Same here, we made the right choice that night.

Max Normal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 01:36 PM   #64
Vividsbricks23

Gold Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCarf View Post
I watch every fight High, and yes I think "gross" things are "grosser when I am high". I had to look away at Ronda's armbar on Tate 1, Cantwell on Razak-Hassan, Mir on Nog. Also cuts don't bother me, but when the doc spreads the skin around the cut to look inside makes me squirm
I used to do that all the time, for the past several years. I never really noticed the brutality of it, rather the very nuanced parts of competition. I literally watched every moment of it, and was really in tune. Stopped for a while to compete in kickboxing, but even though I am really focused, nothing would compare to the focus of being blazed. You never miss a step..

Old 02-20-2014, 02:11 PM   #65
Vividsbricks23

Gold Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by MindTravel View Post
I watch every fight high too, but it just makes things more exciting and interesting.
Very, very true!