Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 12-24-2013, 12:51 AM   #1
MMAd Man

Yellow Belt

vCash: 500
Macario vs Voelker

Any predictions for this fight?

Always liked Voelker in SF, never seen Macario before. I think Voelker comes out strong as he really needs to win this one to keep his job. Macario about a decade younger!

Anybody see the Macario vs Santos fight?

My predictions for the rest of the card: Weidman, Rousey, Barnett, Miller, Brandao, Hall, Tibau, Siver, Howard. Feell free to mock!

MMAd Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 01:16 AM   #2
Bboy

Brown Belt

I got Voelker. Thinking he will wear down Macario in the later rounds. For the rest I got:
Weidman, Barnett, Miller, Poirier, Hall, Johnson, Siver, Howard, Peralta.

Old 12-24-2013, 01:18 AM   #3
Ryan G

White Belt

I had to look up who Macario is. It's Patolino. Fucking UFC airs a reality show where the entire fucking season he goes by William Patolino, then he gets into the UFC and they call him William Macario.

Brazilians like going by their nicknames. You watch anything produced in Brazil in Portuguese, and Junior dos Santos is NEVER called Junior dos Santos. He's Junior Cigano. Yet UFC wants to force people from other cultures to do things the 'Murican way. Fuck that.

To add to even more confusion, sometimes they DO use their nicknames. Like with Rony Jason. (And Cro Cop, but he actually had enough popularity with that nickname already that UFC couldn't do a damn thing about it.)

How about this? If they go by a nickname IN PLACE OF their birth name, call them by their friggin nickname and stop trying to force the American way of doing things down our throats.

*gets off soapbox*

Ryan G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 01:39 AM   #4
Minnja

vCash: 181956
Patolino looked a bit chunky at WW iirc. Surprised he didn't drop to LW. He's very young isn't he? Not too knowledgable of him and not sure if he's supposed to be a really good prospect or something. His fight with Santos was ok, I think I remember him winning a round or making it close but then losing the other 2 via getting taken down.

WEC debut = FOTY
UFC debut = SOTY
UFC PPV debut = 2nd fastest KO
UFC Main Event = SOTY/FOTY
UFC163 = First Korean title challenger
Minnja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 04:16 AM   #5
OveratedCan

Green Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan G View Post
I had to look up who Macario is. It's Patolino. Fucking UFC airs a reality show where the entire fucking season he goes by William Patolino, then he gets into the UFC and they call him William Macario.

Brazilians like going by their nicknames. You watch anything produced in Brazil in Portuguese, and Junior dos Santos is NEVER called Junior dos Santos. He's Junior Cigano. Yet UFC wants to force people from other cultures to do things the 'Murican way. Fuck that.

To add to even more confusion, sometimes they DO use their nicknames. Like with Rony Jason. (And Cro Cop, but he actually had enough popularity with that nickname already that UFC couldn't do a damn thing about it.)

How about this? If they go by a nickname IN PLACE OF their birth name, call them by their friggin nickname and stop trying to force the American way of doing things down our throats.

*gets off soapbox*
wow.

Old 12-24-2013, 04:22 AM   #6
The_Renaissance

Silver Belt

vCash: 230
Never seen Patolino fight but I reckon he starts like a house on fire, gets tired and gets finished in the second half of the fight.

Old 12-24-2013, 04:39 AM   #7
BrazilianDude

Silver Belt

vCash: 6127
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan G View Post

*gets off soapbox*
Don't be mad, homie.
I agree with you though.

Old 12-24-2013, 04:40 AM   #8
BrazilianDude

Silver Belt

vCash: 6127
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Renaissance View Post
Never seen Patolino fight but I reckon he starts like a house on fire, gets tired and gets finished in the second half of the fight.
I've seen him fight and your prediction is very likely to happen.

Old 12-29-2013, 12:35 PM   #9
Facetouch

Blue Belt

vCash: 50
Macario spared Voelker in that last round. It looked to me like he started with those leg kicks when Bobby's nose got too smashed. That guy has a huge upside considering his age and the level of composure he's capable of. Seems like a good person too.

Facetouch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 12:39 PM   #10
xBarnmuckerx

Purple Belt

Man he improved a lot. Very impressed watching him

xBarnmuckerx is offline   Reply With Quote