Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 08-20-2014, 12:03 AM   #41
BobbyBuds

Brown Belt

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blayt7hh View Post
That would be something if he just goes in and guts the competition to sell to the UFC
haha that would be.. More then likely, it's going to be used as a farm league. Bellator right now has a platform in place that shows fighters, has air-time, etc.. Sure it's a little rough around the edges, but the kinks can be worked out. Coker for sure can organize the company to what it needs to be to either become sellable or at the least sustainable. They'd work better in relation with the UFC then trying to take any part of it down

Old 08-20-2014, 12:09 AM   #42
dbsh510

Green Belt

Coker is respectable as far as fight promoters go. Bjorn is a dirtbag by all accounts. When guys wanted to leave Strikeforce, Coker didn't pull tricks to keep them in limbo.

Old 08-20-2014, 12:48 AM   #43
aRtFuL

Brown Belt

Coker is competent. Bjorn is not. That's all there is to it imo.

Coker may not look like much but that doesn't mean he actually is.

aRtFuL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 01:54 AM   #44
Lloydster

Yellow Belt

It is better for Bellator, the UFC, fans, and fighters if executives treat the fighters with respect during contract deals. In the short term, that might mean that Bellator loses some big names. In the long term, they are hoping to attract more up-and-coming talent.

Consider a young talented fighter: Should I sign with Bellator and be stuck there forever? Or should I win a couple more fights and hopefully be able to sign with the UFC?

Lloydster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 02:19 AM   #45
Chet Ubetcha

Yellow Belt

I said this a while ago, but I think that Bellator/Coker's best bet is to accept second fiddle role rather than try to go head to head with the UFC. It sounds defeatist, but what are the actual chances of competing with the 800 lb gorilla without getting put out of business? Not very good. He can remain viable, sustainable, and profitable if he treats his fighters well and keeps legitimacy in his organization and fight selections.

Chet Ubetcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 02:38 AM   #46
St0neHand5

Green Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTMshredsall View Post
The ufc has been a huge disappointment and failure this year, if their in kahoots with anybody hopefully its someone better than bellator

St0neHand5 is offline   Reply With Quote