Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 01-06-2014, 02:15 PM   #41
NoBiasJustMMA

Red Belt

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddymotto View Post
I thought that Tarec looked really technical but, let's be honest, he beat a third tier guy (albeit a big dude with a lot of heart). So - IMO - he did what he was expected to do. It doesn't prove that he is a contender, it just shows that he deserves to fight somebody in the top 10 (which I know was the original plan)

I think that the lack of "killer instinct" has more to do with Tarec gassing. The guy was really tired the last 2 rounds. He remained calm and technical, but you could see him fighting for air and I think he was being super careful in terms of pacing himself.

I would expect him to be in better shape next time around given that he won't have such a long layoff
What makes you say he is third tier? Pascal Krauss looked to be one of those guys that could start making his way into the top 10 and Lim took him out in round 1.

MW Weidman
WW Diaz, Lawler, Kampmann
LW Gomi, Pettis, Alverez, Khabib N.
NoBiasJustMMA is offline   Reply With Quote