Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 11-05-2013, 11:33 AM   #311
CarloSpcyWeiner
Desert Eagle, .50

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MilesAbove View Post
Calm down there Charlie. I'm not saying he CANT finish. I'm saying there seems to be some inability to do so at the top level. That's partially because guys are crazy tough. It's also just partially because he lacks that KO power at that level.

Jesus..... panties...... bunching all over the place.

You're not very bright are you?

Old 11-05-2013, 12:00 PM   #312
BadR89

Orange Belt

vCash: 500
One punch knockout power.

BadR89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 03:53 PM   #313
YesYesYes88

vCash: 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpt018 View Post
Don't get too upset. This guy uses athletic grading all the time and yet has never defined it. I lost count of how many times I asked him to. Obviously, when he does, he will look foolish.
No kidding man. The guy is a fruitloop. Thanks for the heads up man.

Old 11-05-2013, 04:21 PM   #314
MarkHammer
The man they call Hammer.

vCash: 7252
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjjwar View Post
His ground game is horrible as we've seen videos of him grappling,but since nobody can take him down it doesn't matter.

His striking isn't in the same level as some guys like JDS,Hunt,Reem,but he compensates it by wall n stalling or taking them down to wear them out so that they're too tired to throw anything.

Basically,his cardio and wrestling are his main weapon,because his striking and ground game(bottom game) aren't really good.
You are so incredibly full of shit. Cain thoroughly outstruck JDS twice by being the better striker. Having more power in your punches doesn't make you a better striker than someone with vastly superior technique. And he was able to stop JDS and send him to the hospital with all that "stalling". You reek of butthurt.

MarkHammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 04:35 PM   #315
ShakatheG

Blue Belt

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by illegalnature View Post
against lesser competition like Jake o brien and ben rothwell and people nobodies ever heard of plus some over the hill Nog with a side of 5 fights between 2 people 1 of which he lost and 1 with no finish and 2 against bigfoot(who is really his best win besides jds)

Hit Kongo 300 times and couldn't finish the job.

Cain is a beast but let's not pretend even for a second he has vicious power and finishing ability because he doesn't.

Oh forgot lesnar the unfinishable.
It's pretty evident he has finishing ability, because he's finished 11 out of 13.... We need to separate 1 punch knock out power and finishing ability because they are clearly not the same thing. Jones is another example, he doesn't have 1 punch knock out power at all but he's great at finishing his opponent.

ShakatheG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 04:43 PM   #316
kpt018

Black Belt

vCash: 426
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShakatheG View Post
It's pretty evident he has finishing ability, because he's finished 11 out of 13.... We need to separate 1 punch knock out power and finishing ability because they are clearly not the same thing. Jones is another example, he doesn't have 1 punch knock out power at all but he's great at finishing his opponent.
That's absolutely true, they are different things. But Cain hits hard enough to prevent guys from comfortably standing and trading. In other words, they know he can still hurt them and finish them. That is why I don't consider it a weakness. If he had pillow fists and guys were eager to stand with him and just advanced like he wasn't there, that would be another story.

kpt018 is offline   Reply With Quote