Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > The Wasteland

The Wasteland Pro Wrestling, Fantasy Matchups, Rehashed MMA, Chat threads, etc.

Old 08-07-2014, 08:15 AM   #31
sangreporsangre

Black Belt

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cambo78 View Post
Once again. For some reason you [and a couple of others] think that Bas was ONLY used to using open hand strikes. He was a boxer, kickboxer and muay thai fighter BEFORE he started fighting in Pancrase in Japan. This is BEFORE UFC 1! Bas started training/fighting with subs AND striking 3 to 4 years before Wand even started fighting.
I'm not saying he was never a kickboxer. He didn't find a lot of success in kickboxing though, his success was in Pancrase, which was exactly what I described. Do you think everyone who had a pro kickboxing fight in the Netherlands would automatically beat Wand in an mma fight?? I'm saying, Bas is a badass but he would get destroyed by Wand. That's going by the footage we've seen of them in their respective primes. We're talking prime vs prime here, who gives a crap who started training first. If we went by your logic, we wouldn't favour Wand against Jason Delucia or anybody who cross trained in the early 90's.

sangreporsangre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 08:23 AM   #32
Black Gi

Gold Belt

vCash: 416
Quote:
Originally Posted by cambo78 View Post
Watch Chuck vs Wandy.....same outcome
Yeah, Chuck.

Hey pussy, are you still there?

If you are patient in one moment of anger, you will escape a hundred moments of sorrow.
Black Gi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 08:40 AM   #33
cambo78

Red Belt

vCash: 470
Quote:
Originally Posted by sangreporsangre View Post
I'm not saying he was never a kickboxer. He didn't find a lot of success in kickboxing though, his success was in Pancrase, which was exactly what I described. Do you think everyone who had a pro kickboxing fight in the Netherlands would automatically beat Wand in an mma fight?? I'm saying, Bas is a badass but he would get destroyed by Wand. That's going by the footage we've seen of them in their respective primes. We're talking prime vs prime here, who gives a crap who started training first. If we went by your logic, we wouldn't favour Wand against Jason Delucia or anybody who cross trained in the early 90's.
My point is that Bas has a MUCH more technical striking prowess which is what Wand ONLY wants to engage in. If Wand even wanted to go to the ground, Bas is more experienced and at worst would stalemate Wand. Just to add, a Pancrase/94' era Delucia and a 97' era Wand is a toss up. Hell, Wand was damn near dead when he won against Dilson Filho who was basically a streetfighter[with a little karate] during that time.

Oleg Taktarov
Fedor Emelianenko
Pudpad Noy Worawoot
Rob Kaman
Marco Ruas
Sugar Ray Leonard
cambo78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 12:56 PM   #34
Medium Nog

Purple Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by sangreporsangre View Post
Bas wasn't a world champion kickboxer, but he was a dutch muay Thai champion which is very impressive and is a much higher level of competition than wanderlei had encountered before entering mma. I say that as a fan of both, although if bas was hurt going into the fight it is likely wand's for the taking. People forget how beat up has was/is.

Old 08-07-2014, 06:36 PM   #35
mafu

Orange Belt

Bas

mafu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 06:37 PM   #36
mafu

Orange Belt

Bas V Chuck??

mafu is offline   Reply With Quote