Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 07-17-2014, 10:05 AM   #11
moreorless87

Silver Belt

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99Silva View Post
Funny how you included Nick Diaz and not top level guys in the same thought.
I actually think Diaz could be much more of a test than many expect, granted Nicks defence is questionable but its not THAT bad and he has shown both to be very hard to put away and to be very dangerous on offence.

Unless Silva does put him away quickly or is able to pick away from distance I suspect Diaz could be one of the biggest tests for his stand up defence thus far in his career besides Weidman.

moreorless87 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 10:06 AM   #12
Oogie Sharp

Red Belt

Quote:
I'd like to see him face Jones before he retires, but I don't think he will.
Omg i hope not. I'm a jones fan too.. but are u content with a victory over silva at this point.

It'd be sad. Like ali/holmes sad at this point.. putting him in with a bigger, stronger monster like jones.

That ship has sailed...hopefully.

But if gina gets an immidiate title shot..who knows what theyre capable of for dat cash

Including silvas health

Oogie Sharp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 10:51 AM   #13
kingskot

Blue Belt

Quote:
I get it he's accomplished some goals. He has many fans and supporters. Reality check guys. If you put him in the cage with a top level guy now with all the worries of his leg and showboating he won't be the same.
I agree. As a fan I actually hope he stays retired. It would be tough to watch him fight as a shell of his former self (e.g., the recent BJ fight).

kingskot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 10:56 AM   #14
Kelman

Blue Belt

Quote:
I get it he's accomplished some goals. He has many fans and supporters. Reality check guys. If you put him in the cage with a top level guy now with all the worries of his leg and showboating he won't be the same.
It doesn't matter, because I don't think he'll be going back in with top guys when he comes back.

By top guys I mean Weidman, Machida, Belfort, Rockhold, Jacare, Mousasi, Kennedy, etc. Anderson is nearing 40 and doesn't want the intensity of the title chase anymore, he's done his time.

I think he will only have a few fun fights as a swansong once he's back, fights like Nick Diaz, the Cung Le/Bisping winner, GSP, a Hendo rematch, etc etc. Kind of like what they did with Matt Hughes once he was on the downswing.

Kelman is online now   Reply With Quote