Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 08-27-2014, 03:18 AM   #141
Adamant

Brown Belt

Location: Flying a cargo plane full of rubber dog shit out of Hong Kong
vCash: 242
Shit just got real

Duh

NO MORE BORING FIGHTS - Bring back Stomps - Soccer Kicks - and add 12-to-6 Elbows!
Adamant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 03:50 AM   #142
Redhawks100

Red Belt

vCash: 500
Fucking thank you, Aldo. Jesus christ man, you really need to get some higher PPV numbers.

Old 08-27-2014, 04:01 AM   #143
mutomb0

Blue Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by That209 View Post
You're a funny little man who has no idea what he's talking about.

To say Mendes hasn't improved very much is hilarious. You're right, the competition he faced on his way back to the title isn't that great, but he still destroyed them all except for Lentz.

So, you're telling me to be more realistic but yet you're making it out to say that Mendes has little to no chance against Jose Aldo. Hmm, that's pretty realistic of you to say, implying a fighter doesn't stand a chance is very, very unrealistic.

Mendes has improved a lot. His overall striking actually has improved. He has more than just a right hand now, he actually throws some pretty good combinations now. But more importantly, his footwork has improved which is very important. If Mendes' footwork didn't improve, he would be the exact same fighter he was back in his first meeting against Aldo. He uses his footwork very well to set up his strikes.

You may as well say that Dennis Bermudez hasn't improved since losing to Diego Brandao as well.

Technically-speaking, Mendes isn't close to Aldo in the striking department and we all know that Aldo's Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu is pretty high level and much better than Mendes'. But Chad's timing with his TD's is awesome and always has been, only now he sets it up with his footwork and strikes better than ever.

I'm not saying Mendes will go in there and beat Aldo but to say he only has a punchers chance? get the hell out of here with that shit. Mendes is one of the best in the world. Mendes is one of the biggest threats to Aldo in the division and I know you won't believe that because people like to try to say some champions, especially Aldo, is invincible.

I say Mendes has more than just a punchers chance against Aldo. He's very skilled, he's very explosive and has serious power in his hands. His wrestling is top notch and his cardio is much better than some people like to think it is.

It's going to be a far more competitive fight than the first time in my opinion. I'm not going to say that as a fact because guess what? I'm being realistic.

In a way, I like to think of Mendes like he's a less polished version of TJ Dillashaw. I say that because Dillashaw's striking is beautiful and far better than Mendes' and his wrestling game is solid. And Aldo on the other hand is a more polished version of Renan Barao, technically-speaking, he's light years ahead of Barao in the striking dept.

Mendes has the skills to beat Aldo whether it's a knock out, or a decision. Again - he has the speed and power/explosiveness to make it a short night, so does Aldo, of course. Mendes has his top notch wrestling, he may just take Aldo down and batter him early on, or later in the fight and possibly take home a decision. We don't know what's going to happen. Mendes' striking is finally starting to come along, but his overall wrestling/grappling? he's solid in that aspect. If he can take Aldo down and keep him there, especially early on, then Aldo is in serious trouble.

Mendes trains with one of the very best teams in the world, as does Aldo. If you think Mendes only has a 'punchers chance,' then you're the one being unrealistic. Mendes is dangerous everywhere, don't be a fool. Anything can happen in this sport.

Sadly, if Mendes wins, you, as well as tons of other people, will be all over his nuts and act like you knew he was going to win or some shit like that.

Mendes beating Aldo isn't really that crazy when you think about it. He's one of the best in the division, he has the tools to beat anybody in the division. Stylistically, I think he's a very tough match-up for Aldo.

It wouldn't surprise me if Mendes beats Aldo. Whether it's a knock out or if it's a decision, just like it wouldn't surprise me if Aldo beats Mendes whether it's a knock out or decision. Anything can happen, these are the two best featherweights in the world and Mendes has looked outstanding lately since the first fight.

But again - every champion is 'invincible'.. until they lose.

Try keeping it a bit realistic at least there, bub.
Quoted for the Aldo nuthuggers

mutomb0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 04:38 AM   #144
kid Pambele
Rhodium Belt

Aldo looks bad ass

Old 08-27-2014, 04:40 AM   #145
mikezismike

Brown Belt

vCash: 119
angry aldo ftw

"Martial arts is not for hurting people, it's for protecting people." - Jackie
mikezismike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 05:04 AM   #146
SherdogGoat

Black Belt

Aldo is going to win once again. Mendes has improved a lot so it may not be as one sided as the first fight.

Old 08-27-2014, 05:51 AM   #147
Leonhard Euler

White Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankMirFan89 View Post
I think Mendes will win this time.

He'll probably drop the first 2 rounds, but lately Aldo has shown that his cardio is susceptible, especially in the championship rounds and that's where Chad will put the pressure on.
According to you Aldo's cardio is shit. Chad is different than he was before...Walk the whole 9 yards: Mendes is in different time-zone. You are assuming too much. Clearly, you are delusional.

PS: Has Mir's pic on avatar. Aldo is 100x fighter than Frank 'quit' Mir

Old 10-27-2014, 09:57 PM   #148
Andrusz

Orange Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonhard Euler View Post
According to you Aldo's cardio is shit. Chad is different than he was before...Walk the whole 9 yards: Mendes is in different time-zone. You are assuming too much. Clearly, you are delusional.

PS: Has Mir's pic on avatar. Aldo is 100x fighter than Frank 'quit' Mir
He's a fan of Frank Mir, not a nutthugger.

Andrusz is offline   Reply With Quote