Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 02-03-2014, 09:21 AM   #101
zephid

Black Belt

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Judas Pig View Post
Barao can't move until aldo does.
I guess the alternative for Barao would be to put on some more muscle and move up to LW if Aldo doesn't do it in the near future.

zephid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 11:44 AM   #102
Lemmy

Orange Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by eseseses681 View Post
This's something I thought about after I saw the weigh-ins, and with this my faith in it's starting to get stronger: Barao's gonna lose once he fights a guy that attacks the body well. That big a weight cut doesn't just leave your body dehydrated, it takes away a large amount of the body's protective fat around the gut (making body-shots much more damaging), and Barao's got a ridiculously thin gut for a bantamweight his size. Seriously, Roop's midsection doesn't even look as thin at bantamweight as Barao's does when they're weighing in, and that's saying something. There's a reason that boxers and kickboxers don't even cut as much weight [on average] as mixed martial artists (and wrestlers) do: cuz' they're much more aware of the danger of not having enough fat around your mid-section and cuz' they have to worry about body-shots a lot more (there aren't many guys that regularly attack the body in MMA, much less guys that do it well).
stop playstation and go to gym.

Old 02-03-2014, 11:50 AM   #103
The Judas Pig
󾓪 SLACKER BELT 󾓪

Quote:
Originally Posted by zephid View Post
I guess the alternative for Barao would be to put on some more muscle and move up to LW if Aldo doesn't do it in the near future.
It's one he'll of a risk jumping straight to lw, some of those dudes like Thompson, Bendo etc, are huge. If I was Renan I'd defend my title a few times and see if Aldo moves up, I wouldn't want to vacate a title I only just got to take such a huge risk.

His weight cut must be very difficult tho, Aldo needs to help a brother out .

Hapa
Askren
JoJo
The Judas Pig is offline   Reply With Quote