Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion > The Ultimate Fighter (TUF) Discussion

The Ultimate Fighter (TUF) Discussion Discuss The Ultimate Fighter reality show and Spike-related topics here.

Old 10-01-2013, 11:07 PM   #111
punkmother
calf cruncher fan

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix Down View Post
Two years and it'll be out of the UFC, or, at least further along it's way. I actually saw this coming from the day they announced it. Too much, too soon, and it's precisely why everyone is struggling with it. Including the females.

Females in MMA will never be on par, or even remotely close, to their male counterparts.
as a sexist male i can honestly say i do not like watching women fight. something about a woman get punched in the face doesn't sit well with me.

Old 10-02-2013, 03:01 AM   #112
FrankieNYC

Brown Belt

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChangeIsComing View Post
So many Ronda haters, I like her and dislike Tate...But one fact is Ronda is the best 135lb woman in the world right now and it is very unlikely that Meisha Tate beats her on any given day of the week.

Sorry but thats a fact, I suggest getting used to her.
Not sure what that has to do with Hallman discussing Ronda & TUF

But, GREAT POST BRO

-

-
FrankieNYC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 11:35 AM   #113
The_Renaissance

Silver Belt

vCash: 230
Quote:
Two years and it'll be out of the UFC, or, at least further along it's way. I actually saw this coming from the day they announced it. Too much, too soon, and it's precisely why everyone is struggling with it. Including the females.

Females in MMA will never be on par, or even remotely close, to their male counterparts.

I second this.
If a 'pretty' blonde bird wasn't the champ, Dana wouldn't have shown any interest in bringing women to the UFC. If RR loses to Tate, things will start going downhill and Dana will lose interest - he'll then say that WMMA will be back, when 'its ready' to be in the UFC.

Rousey will retire within 3yrs, IMO. Not sure why - take your pick of a) gets her face busted open and loses, and realises that if she wants movie roles, she needs to lay off the facial beatings; b) she gets a lot of movie roles and just vacates the belt; c) she gets pregnant or decides she wants to start a family.

Old 10-18-2013, 12:42 AM   #114
rtodd

Purple Belt

vCash: 500
Ronda is going to walk through Tate again.

She's crazy but in a Wandy early 2000's kind of way.

Baron Von Rashke

Deuteronomy 25:11

Jesus didn't tap.
rtodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 12:57 AM   #115
Arkain2K
Si vis pacem, para bellum

vCash: 16769
Quote:
Originally Posted by UL View Post
Who cares...

Wmma is horrible.

She will be gone in a year
Quote:
WMMA in the UFC will be dead in a year or so. Maybe two years. It's on it's way out, and the level of competition on TUF / performances is a really good indicator of this.
WMMA haters gonna be so disappointed 2 years from now, when the UFC add even more divisions at 125 and 115 lbs.

I survived "TPF 10 - Let the Streams Fail".
Arkain2K is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 02:47 AM   #116
LEGS MAHONEY

Black Belt

vCash: 1721
Quote:
Originally Posted by minotauro rex View Post
I love watching this Ronda train wreck. I bet in 5 years she will be going down the Mayhem path.
ah sherdog

where ronda mildly pouting and rory acting like an average awkward young person equals being a sociopath who likely has dead bodies hanging in their shed

you guys wanna believe it sooooo much too dont you

Old 10-18-2013, 04:17 AM   #117
Wayweary

Purple Belt

vCash: 12880
Quote:

I hope you eat your words in terms of the future of WMMA.

As to the idea that it will never be on par or even close... WMMA will be different but women's fights are already on par with many male MMA fights in terms of entertainment value. That's the important part.

Wayweary is offline   Reply With Quote