Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > The Wasteland

The Wasteland Pro Wrestling, Fantasy Matchups, Rehashed MMA, Chat threads, etc.

Old 04-17-2014, 10:11 AM   #101
Alexandergreat3
In Fedor We Trust, amen

vCash: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigfoot Sylvia View Post
because people like you think it was real.
WWE is real!

"What you talking about? Jesus took a beating before reaching God status"
- Vale_Tudo
Alexandergreat3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 10:28 AM   #102
Godzilla3232

Black Belt

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wand4Life View Post
Honestly I'm not getting into this argument, but to quickly sum up random things on why people think it's fake:

-Literally happened on the day FP memberships went on sale
-There has been multiple fake confrontations prior to this to generate hype
-This impromptu scuffle had spectacular coverage from multiple angles including a camera crane that was set up, running, and not in place where it normally is to cover inside the cage footage.
-The "bare knuckle fight" contained open handed slaps, hilarious running dialogue, and body shots
-Sonnen has admitted to backstage conversations with Wanderlei where they "dropped the fourth curtain/wall" (classic Shakespearian acting figure of speech, modified for pro wrestling)

It was a worked shoot. It was planned to have a scuffle, but the actual actions in the scuffle are on-the-spot (and with sub-100% intentions).

Wand didn't plan to get taken down, Sonnen didn't plan to get elbowed, Dida clearly wasn't in on it and so obviously was the only one who went way the fuck overboard and went too far.

Imagine Dida not jumping in... it would be a missed slap, a double leg, and a sweet bit of spectacularly covered footage to hype the season on literally the same day FP memberships went on sale.
People are allowed to think whatever they want. But I spent too much money and time in film school to buy any of this.
So fucking stupid, none of this is evidence of anything.

- So what?
- Do you mean the one that was actually staged by Wand, but Chael was unaware of? What other provenly fake confrontations were there?
- It's a reality show. I'm sure when they had Wand and Chael meet there and put cameras on them they were planning to shoot something, but on what planet is that proof they were setting up for that fight?
- So both fighters were hesitant and talking to each other during the fight? Maybe because Chael didn't actually want to fight?
- Sonnen admitted he was planning to play the bad-guy with Wandy so Wandy could be the hero in Brazil. Sonnen also admitted Wand apparently didn't understand a word of the plan and just attacked Chael for playing the jerk.

This was a fight on concrete with one guy in jeans and flip-flops. There's no way it was planned that way.

Godzilla3232 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 10:28 AM   #103
Bagatur

Brown Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex Kwon Do View Post
I'm not mad, just disappointed that Wanderlei can't handle trash talk without getting overly emotional.
this! I always look at it as a weakness

Bagatur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 10:39 AM   #104
Combatjunkie33

Yellow Belt

vCash: 1958
Honestly people should be more pissed at wands dumbass coach who smacked sonnen in the back then bragged like he was tough shit, then a cpl weeks later he comes out and says he didn't want to look like a coward by not doing anything that guys an idiot. If I was sonnen I wouldn't let wand get that close either. I don't think it was fake at all honestly, wand isn't that good of an actor. But still what the hell did anyone expect if you put two people that fight for a living and hate each other in the same place for long enough shits bound to happen. Hell if you put two regular joes that hate each other in a room for long enough shit will happen.

Combatjunkie33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 10:42 AM   #105
Nerdslayer

Purple Belt

vCash: 224
da fuc did I just read

Old 04-17-2014, 12:06 PM   #106
Garnett Silk
canned

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPeePooPoo View Post
Bro, come on. He couldn't let him get that close.

Garnett Silk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 12:18 PM   #107
skylolow

Red Belt

I don't get why anyone is mad either.

You hear Dana saying how could anyone let this happen...blah blah blah.

As Dana says this is the fight business and your dealing with fighters.

Honestly, I'm actually surprised more fighter on fighter fights don't break out outside of the cage more often.

Old 04-17-2014, 12:26 PM   #108
RyanRAW
Fluke? You wish.

Everybody should be mad. Wand starts a fight gets put on his ass. Wand breaks his hand and hurts his back from a brawl he caused postponing the fight which I am assuming is no longer a 5 round affair.

RyanRAW is online now   Reply With Quote