Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 08-23-2014, 10:59 PM   #21
linvillegorge

Brown Belt

vCash: 500
My biggest beef is that I travel a ton for work and end up stuck on the road for a lot of free events. While have FS1 and FS at home, hardly any hotels do while virtually all of them have SpikeTV. I wish the UFC had never left Spike.

linvillegorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 10:59 PM   #22
BrazilianDude

Silver Belt

vCash: 538
Quote:
Originally Posted by TStoner View Post
This mornings card was a lot of fun. This card is a lot of fun so far. You don't need big names. You need to be the most technical or have the beast footwork. Those things excite me, too, but just going for it is great as well. Fun fights are fun. Finishes are fun. Today, as an MMA fan, has been FUN.
I'm with you in this one.

Old 08-23-2014, 11:02 PM   #23
GGNORE

Blue Belt

Tonight's card pretty good. I can tell because my gf fell asleep in the cO main event...I'm sure she will wake up for the main, Bendo is her favorite fighter.

Old 08-23-2014, 11:12 PM   #24
Ollie_Williams

Orange Belt

Quote:
Seriously. So far we are over 50% in finishes today. Can't think of one finished fight that wasn't fun. Most decisions have been fun. If you guys don't like this shit just because you don't recognize the names, then you need to pay closer attention and learn these fucking names. Or at least be willing to watch somebody other than GSP and Jon Jones fight. Name value alone does not determine how exciting or good a fight it. Stop being a front runner fan and be a fucking MMA fan. It's a lot more fun, trust me.
Man, almost on que. Great KO on an already good FREE event (apart from the amateur slug-off). Feel bad for Pyle on that one.

Not sure what TS can complain about. Maybe try WWE? They have big stars on all events I believe.

Old 08-23-2014, 11:15 PM   #25
Ollie_Williams

Orange Belt

And they're going to air the Killa B fight next! Man this day just keeps getting better!

Ollie_Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 11:16 PM   #26
Lionel Mandrake

Green Belt

vCash: 50
Quote:
Seriously. So far we are over 50% in finishes today. Can't think of one finished fight that wasn't fun. Most decisions have been fun. If you guys don't like this shit just because you don't recognize the names, then you need to pay closer attention and learn these fucking names. Or at least be willing to watch somebody other than GSP and Jon Jones fight. Name value alone does not determine how exciting or good a fight it. Stop being a front runner fan and be a fucking MMA fan. It's a lot more fun, trust me.
Good post.

Old 08-23-2014, 11:20 PM   #27
Toco

Brown Belt

why the fuck this guy created this thread

at least this main event has been awesome

and y for the question on the title they do enjoy it, i mean, at least dana i know enjoy since how passionate he talks about fighting and running the ufc

aldo #1 p4p

y = yeah
Toco is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 11:26 PM   #28
UFC Truck

vCash: 647
Quote:
Originally Posted by FierceHitman View Post
Cards are probably on par with any of the old ones. The real situation is that they do a horrible job promoting these fighters. Apart from a handful of contenders today I really don't care for anyone on the roster atm.
I have been saying this for years. Who the fuck is Hendricks, Pettis, Dillashaw etc.? Nobody knows who most of the champions are and still think Chuck Liddell and Brock Lesnar are the champs. The two cards tonight have actually been pretty good, which I believe is largely due to the fact that it was mainly focused on lower weight classes and not 185 & 205.

UFC Truck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 09:13 AM   #29
iowamma2012

Blue Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogeyman View Post
So ten bucks a month and your cable subscription, and fifty bucks if you buy the pay per view. Lorenzo won't be eating porridge for breakfast.
So you're saying a guy that sunk in 50 million before turning a profit shouldn't be allowed to make money off a product when its successful?

I just went to an Iowa Challenge card last night was $30 bucks for Amateur fights

But hey, Zuffa is the evil MMA promoter that goes so much farther at penny pinching compared to the rest, right?

Macao card was meh, although the Main and Co Main event were good

Tulsa event had Finishes all over the place and a Omoplata.
TS is clearly rustled if he thinks a show that includes 9 finishes and a FREAKING Omoplata is a subpar show.

iowamma2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 02:06 PM   #30
The_Renaissance

Gold Belt

Are you kidding?
UFN 49 was awesome.