Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 07-14-2014, 12:16 AM   #131
Got GOAT

Brown Belt

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by trott View Post
Perhaps he rammed a gf then? You have hundreds if not thousands of posts speaking negatively of Jones.I was simply trying to make sense of the situation. That was one of the few scenarios I could think of that would causes a person to devote so much free time into speaking negatively of a person. And defensive? I didn't defend Jones. Unless you think me calling you a loser, is defending Jones?

And gus had a very small fan base before everyone hopped on his train leading up to the Jones fight. The vast majority of his "fans" arent real fans. Most of them will mump to the next wagon if gus loses. And Sheep follow each other in herds, last I checked the herd is hating Jones right now, and loving gus, not following wand. Quit projecting.
Not quite. I haven't talked bad about Jon for a while except earlier today about his boxing being horrendous. I did say that he improved his boxing though, specifically in the pocket. I'd hope so too because he needed to improve his boxing after getting boxed up and tagged like a UPS package by Gus fight before last. I've been supporting Gus for years, in fact, check my post history and you'll see that. Well before he ever fought Jon so try again, sonny boy. Well before the fight was even announced. I think you'll be saddened to see that I'll still be a Gus fan even if he loses to Jones in their rematch. Not that I think he will.

1-0 in account bets
2-0 in sig bets
Got GOAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 12:17 AM   #132
Big Mike C

Blue Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeliankoFan1 View Post
He never said he would outbox or kickbox Machida at all. I was just making a talking point about jones mentioning his talents as a striker.
I wasn't replying to you. I was talking about something Jones said in the video. He said he "out kickboxed Machida".

Big Mike C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 12:19 AM   #133
EmeliankoFan1

Black Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Mike C View Post
I wasn't replying to you. I was talking about something Jones said in the video. He said he "out kickboxed Machida".
Ahh okay, thought you were asking me about what I was stating about jones commentary before his Machida and Rampage fights.

Shalom

Old 07-14-2014, 12:21 AM   #134
AznCezi187
GGG

vCash: 50
Quote:
He was missing the belt which was the basis of the fight. He will have a rematch to secure what eluded him but the object of fighting for the title is actually winning it.

I guess there are consolation prizes for some folks.
Jones did win the fight...

Which one is Jone?

He's good boy...
AznCezi187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 12:24 AM   #135
Got GOAT

Brown Belt

Quote:
He never said he would outbox or kickbox Machida at all. I was just making a talking point about jones mentioning his talents as a striker.
In the YouTube video that I embedded in the OP Jones said that he "out-kickboxed Machida", having already fought him. I don't remember Jones saying pre-fight that he'd do that to Lyoto but he's bragging about supposedly outstriking him now, at least in that interview going into the Gus fight. Jon is a very proud guy, he's just taking a little too much credit for a fight where he wasn't getting the best of said fighter in the 1st round in the standup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Mike C View Post
Did he actually say he out kickboxed Machida? He was hanging in there at best, and was visibly frustrated after round 1 when he went back to his corner. He won by submission. He did a good job in round 2, and props to him for beating one of the best fighters out there but if he thinks he outstruck him....

Yes, he did. In the YouTube video I embedded he said that he "out-kickboxed" Machida. He caught him with a left and dropped him but that was after Machida was rocked by that big elbow that gashed his head open when Jon was on top. Jon's said a lot of dumb stuff which is why I posted the video. He said that he was faster than Gus, stronger, and that he'd basically box him up too. Look how that turned out. I'd hardly say that Jones outstruck or "out-kickboxed" Machida but dropping him, despite him already being rocked from the elbow at the time and having not recovered, is still impressive. It doesn't mean he really outstruck the guy though, he caught him, but nowhere in that fight was Jon besting Machida in the standup prior.

1-0 in account bets
2-0 in sig bets
Old 07-14-2014, 12:27 AM   #136
EmeliankoFan1

Black Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by AznCezi187 View Post
Jones did win the fight...

Which one is Jone?
Listen I enjoy the childishness of these posts but it was a close fight. I personally thought Jones did enough to win as did many other MMA fans and outlets. It could of gone either way which I would not have objected too.

I could post a picture of jones holding the belt which would go well with your cheesy "which one is jones picture" but its corny.

I always enjoy the idea that someones opinion on who won a close fight means someone stole the fight.

Last edited by EmeliankoFan1; 07-14-2014 at 12:38 AM.
EmeliankoFan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 12:44 AM   #137
Got GOAT

Brown Belt

Quote:
I always enjoy the idea that someones opinion on who won a close fight means someone stole the fight.
Well, sir, you are in luck then! Some of these UFC fighters, you know, PROs, think that was the case.

Quote:
I'm sorry but that's bullshit.
michael (@bisping)
September 22, 2013

Nail bitter, I got Gusta by split
Luke Rockhold (@LukeRockhold) September 22, 2013

I thought @AlexTheMauler won that one
Gray Maynard (@GrayMaynard) September 22, 2013

And NEW!!!!!!!!!!
Ricardo Lamas (@RicardoLamasMMA) September 22, 2013

Hats off to @AlexTheMauler great fight I had u winning. Wow great show.
Tito Ortiz (@titoortiz) September 22, 2013

And the NEW CHAMP!!!!!!! #UFC165 #UFC
Nik Lentz (@NikLentz) September 22, 2013

That was a terrible decision. Terrible.
Dan Hardy (@danhardymma)
September 22, 2013

I thought it was very close but I thought Gus did a little more but congrats to both guys that was an incredible fight.
Ed Soares (@edblackhouse) September 22, 2013

I was absolutely convinced that @AlexTheMauler won the fight. Excellent performance and super humble...
George Sotiropoulos (@georgesots) September 22, 2013

Very close fight but I thought the challenger won that, rematch I hope
John Alessio (@johnalessio79) September 22, 2013

Great fight by #Jones & #Gustafson but no way Jones won that fight. Draw...maybe but I feel Gustafson won 3rnds to 2. #UFC165 #ufc #MMA
Josh Barnett (@JoshLBarnett)
September 22, 2013

#UFC165 That was BS! Gustaffson won that fight!!
Martin Kampmann (@MartinKampmann)
September 22, 2013

I thought @AlexTheMauler won the first 3 rounds... #UFC165
Mark Bocek (@MarkBocek) September 22, 2013

that was the greatest light heavy weight fight in ufc history. Gustafsson won it on my card 3-2
Chris Leben (@cripplerufc) September 22, 2013

there's a lot of things I want to say right now, but I'm going to keep my mouth shut - good night
Chris Leben (@cripplerufc)
September 22, 2013

Jones has earned my respect for sure but I thought he lost
David Rickels (@TheCaveman316) September 22, 2013

WTF....??? Really???
Brandon Vera (@Verafied)
September 22, 2013

Can we just call the Jones vs Gustafson that fight a draw?
Cung Le (@CungLe185) September 22, 2013

I thought Gus won. What did you guys think? Def not 49-46?!? @ufc
Chris Camozzi (@ChrisCamozzi) September 22, 2013

Bullshit
Ross Pearson (@RossTheRealDeal)
September 22, 2013

Wow WTF judges u suck something that I can't say. You suck. You are the reason im scared to NOT have a second job. U suck. #BULLSHIT
Kenny Robertson (@170Kenny)
September 22, 2013

Alex.got robbed imo
Kelvin Gastelum (@KelvinGastelum)
September 22, 2013
Gus does train with Pearson and Vera but those two aside, many pro fighters, inside the UFC and abroad, and even Ed Soares (manager for several Blackhouse fighters including Anderson) scored the fight for Gus. Chael Sonnen also scored it for Gus as did a plethora of other known and lesser known fighters. Yet many of you Jones fans will claim that the fight wasn't controversial. As if that's supposed to mean that it wasn't.

1-0 in account bets
2-0 in sig bets
Old 07-14-2014, 01:08 AM   #138
Rittsy

Green Belt

Mmm, I'm with you TS. Jones should offer a public apology and retire. I'm outraged.

Rittsy is offline   Reply With Quote