Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 07-25-2014, 03:36 PM   #31
IIIIIIII

Gold Belt

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by smellmyfarts View Post
I think a lot of people are going to be completely shocked at the outcome of this long awaited grudge match. Make no mistake that Jones is going to get taken down in this fight at some point. Most people that aren't retarded know this is going to happen a few times in this fight(particularly early on); however, What will result from these take-downs is what is going to shock people. Jones is going to be extremely focused on stopping the take-down after he realizes that he's losing the fight, and it will result in DC landing a few bombs that will start to mentally break Jones. I'm not saying that Jones is getting knocked out, but I think DC is going to out strike Jones for the same reason Cain out-struck Junior, or Randy out-struck Chuck in their first fight.

I think DC is going to win a very one-sided decision, and I think we'll see Jones mentally break for the first time in his career. Unlike the Gus fight that was razor close going into the 5th round, this fight will not be close, and at some point we'll see a lumped up and mentally defeated Jones that simply knows he can't win.
i agree 100%.

point-nerds: fans of mma who enjoy fighters that attempt to win fights on points-alone, that do not fight for a finish.
IIIIIIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 03:37 PM   #32
kalabula

Orange Belt

So many polar opposite opinions.
Ive been watching mma forever and almost always have an opinion on how i think a fight will go but really have no clue about this one.

that being said the quote above my kind of has me sold.

kalabula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 03:40 PM   #33
cumafish

Brown Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by ch0rx View Post
It's gonna be a hell of a fight

can't wait
Exactly, this is the epitome of a high level fight between 2 athletes at or near peak.
Plus regardless of everyone's "opinion"...

...this one could go either way and end in almost every conceivable manner.

i am fucking geeked for 178 now.

Old 07-25-2014, 03:42 PM   #34
IIIIIIII

Gold Belt

cain versus junior is a good way of looking at jones versus cormier, because jones will want to, 1) keep the fight standing (same as junior) and, 2) be forced to defend takedowns (again like junior), thus keeping his hands down and allowing cormier to land strikes.

that was the key in cain and junior's fight, and it will be the same with this fight. being well-rounded, and being able to fight in all areas in a fight is kryptonite for everyone.

so in the end, it all comes down to the threat of takedowns. cormier is confident in his wrestling, while i do not believe that jones is against cormier. you'll see cormier feint takedowns, then throw bombs at the last minute. jones is going to be backpedalling, while trying to land strikes from the outside. that's only going to make cormier more confident in throwing strikes. cormier misses on a strike and gets close enough to grab jones. for cormier, it's a win-win. he lands a strike, or gets a takedown.

point-nerds: fans of mma who enjoy fighters that attempt to win fights on points-alone, that do not fight for a finish.
IIIIIIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 03:43 PM   #35
CPH
Let's party

Jones seems to exit the cage limping every other fight. If Cormier comes in prepared to check lows, this might lead to either Jones getting injured or not being able to rely on his low kick anymore. I'm really curious to see how Cormier handles this very important aspect of Jones' offense.

CPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 03:45 PM   #36
aModerateThreat

Purple Belt

yup

spread love, but dont forget fuck em
aModerateThreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 03:46 PM   #37
JayElectra
Paper Belt

vCash: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loisaida View Post
I don't relly see it.
DC has never fought an opponent who isn't slow: Hendo, Warmaster, Mir, Barista.
The example people use to say "he's fought rangy guys" is Bigfoot Silva. I can't name a worse comparison for Jones' style than Bigfoot.

I think Jones keeps DC at range with that long jab all night long. Probably not many kicks cause he wont want to give DC a leg to play with though.
Jones doesn't really use his jab much, and when he does, it doesn't look very good. Cormier's jab is a much more integral part of his game than Jones' is.

-Diogenes
JayElectra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 03:50 PM   #38
2 COOL

Green Belt

vCash: 3868
I hope your right Mr Farts, would love to see DC win

Old 07-25-2014, 04:19 PM   #39
Bla

White Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by FallonFoxGOAT View Post
Yes, he out wrestled Jones by having a surprise TD that Jones was not expecting, at all.

Whereas Jones' entire camp will be about defending and expecting the TD from DC.

Strange how Gus never got another TD after the first one, eh?
Except for the part, that he did get another take down.

Bla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 04:28 PM   #40
Grappling Rules

Blue Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeatheadFighter View Post
DC will not take Jones down. Not once. This fight will be contested mostly on the feet where Jones wins comfortably. You Jones haters are deluded. Jones MMA Wrestling >> Cormiers.
You can't be serious. I refuse to accept that there are people this deluded--and I work with schizophrenics for a living.

Grappling Rules is offline   Reply With Quote