Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 01-10-2014, 02:58 PM   #21
Bmartin89

Orange Belt

vCash: 500
Mousasi UD

Bmartin89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 03:01 PM   #22
Karelinator
Bulgarian pursuittt

vCash: 300
He is very good technically, and it's enhanced by the fact that he's somehow able to fight as if he was painting the fucking hedge, or whatever.

Downside is that he does seem to have troubles with showing urgency and putting up some more 'intense' attacks.

Quote:
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Machinda submission, round 2
Can't see Machida doing much to Moose on the ground. Other than controlling the position.

Even on the dubs. :/

Cogito ergo bum.
Karelinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 03:01 PM   #23
ultraninjastar

Green Belt

vCash: 894
As long as the Mouse that showed up to "fight" King Moham doesn't show up then his striking will be just like most people here typed. Cautious, controlled, and calculated. I think he needs to watch for the footsweep. Although Mouse has a good upkick he caught Jacare with.

I like watching people get knocked out, however I don't condone violence.
ultraninjastar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 03:14 PM   #24
TheGOD

Purple Belt

Last edited by TheGOD; 01-10-2014 at 03:19 PM.
TheGOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 03:20 PM   #25
SeattleFightFan

Gold Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by LogansHeroes View Post
I know a lot about Mousasis record. I know about his MMA record, his kickboxing record, even his amatuer boxing record.

Its all good stuff, and im looking forward to him tested against such a vaunted MMA striker as Lyoto.

One thing im not hearing too much about is Mousasis striking style.

Not much detail there.

And we all know what to expect from Lyoto, even if its sometimes the unexpected itself.

How do you see, and how would you define Mousasis individual striking style?

And what about it, makes you think he'll take Lyoto?
he is so technically sound that he makes what he does look so easy that lesser fans don't even know what it is they're seeing. does that make sense?

he doesn't use exaggerated head movements; he uses rolls and slips and almost never gets hit. he moves forward against everyone, and with an almost Fedor-like calmness merely traps them and starts landing....well, not "at will" but seemingly effortlesslys

alas, much of this technical skill rests on great timing, and fighting Machida after only 2 easy wins in over 2 years is a very bad idea. very bad. after the multiple surgeries and multiple long layoffs he shouldn't have started slower. IMO.

he is - or was - very, very good. i'm just afraid he'll look like Shogun against Coleman (II) instead of Shogun against Machida (I or II) after the surgeries and layoffs, and wish he'd picked an easier first opponent.

also, he'll have to contend with a cage instead of a ring. and as i suggested above, much of his game is walking forward and trapping opps. many have found out the hard way that cutting off an octagon is more difficult than cutting off a ring.

i'm afraid he will not look good. i hope i'm wrong.

Old 01-10-2014, 03:25 PM   #26
rorymachidonald

Green Belt

The one who wins this fight will be highly regarded as a striker imho, like no. 1 striker in MMA.

rorymachidonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 03:28 PM   #27
Karelinator
Bulgarian pursuittt

vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleFightFan View Post
he doesn't use exaggerated head movements; he uses rolls and slips and almost never gets hit. he moves forward against everyone, and with an almost Fedor-like calmness merely traps them and starts landing....well, not "at will" but seemingly effortlesslys

alas, much of this technical skill rests on great timing, and fighting Machida after only 2 easy wins in over 2 years is a very bad idea. very bad. after the multiple surgeries and multiple long layoffs he shouldn't have started slower. IMO.

That's sadly, pretty good point.

After loooong period of inactivity, interrupted only with spankings of rather outmatched opponents, he may easily be rusty and out of rhythm.

Cogito ergo bum.
Karelinator is offline   Reply With Quote