Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 01-23-2014, 11:07 PM   #21
Steve08

Black Belt

vCash: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gigaton Punch View Post
TJ Grant has to worry about the very realistic possibility that he can never fight again rather than waste his time thinking about if he's still in line for a title. 7 months recovery for a concussion still with no sign of clearance in sight is alarming.
yeah, I agree. I think a lot of the people talking about him as a potential match-up for top 5 guys, as though it's guaranteed he even can come in and perform the way he did against Maynard, are speaking fairly prematurely. While I have no visceral life experience that would corroborate this statement, fighting after you've been concussed seems inadvisable to me as it is...

anyway, of course Josh deserves Pettis if he beats Bendo after banking Nate the way he did. I think Nate was top 5 or just outside during that fight, so that would make a #7-5 and a top 5 win in a row which is a pretty undeniable case for a title shot.

I kinda think Bendo will win though, but refuse to make any real predictions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhamnetin View Post
Khabib is a step down for Gilbert.
He is but it would be quite amusing to see Gilbo crush all the hype. Nurmagomedov doesn't have the gas tank to not wilt under his pace.

Only Non-Champion Cruz fans are real

Last edited by Steve08; 01-23-2014 at 11:12 PM.
Steve08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 11:14 PM   #22
pick999

Blue Belt

vCash: 494
lol promise

pick999 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 11:42 PM   #23
bullfish

Green Belt

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinjira View Post
Sucks to be TJ Grant.
TJ /Gil better stay ready. there are injuries like every second now.

bullfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 11:46 PM   #24
Kneeuinthenutz

Gold Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhamnetin View Post
Khabib is a step down for Gilbert.
Khabib is quite a step up from Sanchez in terms of the match up. I'm not trying to sell Gil short either because he arguably should be champ and is certainly capable of being the champ. But Khabib is as tough a fight as anything you could throw at Gil, and it maybe the toughest.

Kneeuinthenutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 11:52 PM   #25
Reeses

White Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunawayRyan View Post
Benson gets the win, Gilbert fights Khabib for contender, if Barboza gets put with Miller, that'll leave Diaz (who's pissed about his pay) on the bench until T.J. gets back. That's the way I see it.
I think if Thomson wins, he gets the title shot and Gil gets khabib. If bendo wins, khabib gets Nate. I think that is why there has been talk of khabib possible either one but no announcement because they are waiting for after this fight.

Also, if Thomson wins, they will probably put Gil's fight on the same card for insurance in case there is an injury. If Thomson gets hurt, gil can fill in. If Pettis gets hurt or is out longer, they can hype Thomson vs Gil 4 and call it title eliminator.

Reeses is offline   Reply With Quote