Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 08-04-2014, 02:46 PM   #1
MMABr

Brown Belt

vCash: 500
Icon2 José Aldo and Jussier Formiga talk about Barão's upcoming rematch with TJ

sources in portuguese:
http://sportv.globo.com/site/combate...ova-uniao.html
http://sportv.globo.com/site/combate...dillashaw.html

Barão's teammates speaking about his upcoming rematch with TJ:

Aldo:

Quote:
'I believe there is no surprise factor with TJ anymore. We believed he was going to fight in a certain way and, he not only surprised Barão, but also the whole team, our trainers and everyone. Now there's no surprise factor, we are preparing (him) for everything. There were some mistakes that happened in their fight, but I believe Barão wins now. That's the plan and the outcome we are rooting for. I don't know how the fight will unfold exactly, maybe it will even go all 5 rounds in a hard fought fight but, in the end, with Barão winning.'
Formiga:

Quote:
'This time they gave him 2 months to prepare. For the first fight he (Barão) only had 6 weeks to prepare for a 5 round fight. He now has 10 weeks. It is going to be a new, different fight and I bet on our guy. We are going to see a new and more motivated Renan Barão. When you lose, you come back stronger and hungrier. You can be sure that he will go out there to take his head off.'

When asked about Aldo's first comments about Barão maybe overlooking and underestimating TJ in the first fight:

'I don't think he undervalued him, but it's more that thing of taking the fight so quickly with only 6 weeks to prepare for five rounds. He gambled a lot, took risks. When you are the champion you have to analyze more, you can't always gamble and afford to make too many mistakes.'

On TAM's internet joke:

'It's normal. They never beat us so, when they had the chance and opening to do so, things like this happen. We'll get back at them. Barão is motivated, we don't need to be on the internet badmouthing anyone. We just go up and show what we do in the octagon.'

MMABr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 02:54 PM   #2
Skydome

Black Belt

"They never beat us"

Old 08-04-2014, 02:56 PM   #3
Shaddows

Black Belt

I like Formiga's statements more than Aldo's...
IMO it is more from a professional stand whils Aldo seems more like a teammate kind of view.

But at any rate, I hope for a war!!!

Old 08-04-2014, 02:57 PM   #4
MMABr

Brown Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydome View Post

"They never beat us"
What he said can also be translated to they never 'win' actually, so... maybe he was referring to the lack of belts and just the overall head to head stat between the teams but... yeah, Benavidez killed him! lol made it easy too.

Old 08-04-2014, 02:59 PM   #5
MMABr

Brown Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaddows View Post
I like Formiga's statements more than Aldo's...
IMO it is more from a professional stand whils Aldo seems more like a teammate kind of view.

But at any rate, I hope for a war!!!
remember Marlon Sandro's words? he pretty much said the UFC almost gave Renan no option but to take the fight. Barão was coming off a fight with Faber not too long ago...

it was 2 consecutive camps basically. For a guy that cuts as much weight as Barão, that's a killer on the body IMO.

pretty much the same stance as Formiga.

I believe this fight is also happening way too soon. Barão is 'too active'.... can't believe I'm complaining about it haha

Old 08-04-2014, 03:01 PM   #6
Skydome

Black Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMABr View Post
remember Marlon Sandro's words? he pretty much said the UFC almost gave Renan no option but to take the fight. Barão was coming off a fight with Faber not too long ago...

it was 2 consecutive camps basically. For a guy that cuts as much weight as Barão, that's a killer on the body IMO.

pretty much the same stance as Formiga.

I believe this fight is also happening way too soon. Barão is 'too active'.... can't believe I'm complaining about it haha
How quickly did Barao start training after the Dillashaw fight? I imagine he took at least a few weeks off

Old 08-04-2014, 04:18 PM   #7
MMABr

Brown Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydome View Post
How quickly did Barao start training after the Dillashaw fight? I imagine he took at least a few weeks off
Like a week or so to go visit his family in the north of Brazil.