Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 07-16-2014, 12:03 AM   #61
RockUmSockUm

Green Belt

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by infamouz ice View Post
http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Cha...ses-PEDs-70579

Here is what mendes had to say, interesting he thinks 80% of the fighters are on it
Chard says, "I've never been caught" when discussing Aldo's allegations of him using roids. Not exactly saying, "I'm clean" or "I don't use PEDs."

RockUmSockUm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 01:15 AM   #62
rudolf

Yellow Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian12 View Post
For all you know he's used them at some point to get over an injury.
True, but still against the rules. Personally I have no problem with people using PEDS to get over an injury. My main concern with PEDs is making sure it is a level playing field, I would like to see stringent testing that means almost no one is on them, or everyone on the same gear so there are no unfair advantages. But imperfect world etc and cost of testing comes into it. Gr

rudolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 01:59 AM   #63
CPH
Let's party

Quote:
I was thinking about this the other day: If someone were to knock on Aldos door in Brazil and say, We need to give you a random drug test, and he says Heres $1,000, go away, its done. I feel like something like that could happen very easily. I just want to know what the system would be -- how could we trust that its going to be fair everywhere?
This is one reason why the world thinks that Americans are annoying. Many believe that the USA is like some lone bastion of morality and integrity.

CPH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 02:04 AM   #64
Zeta Reticuli

Green Belt

Natty Ice

Zeta Reticuli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 03:16 AM   #65
Team imperial

Green Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by milliniar View Post
what's he gonna say i'm clean i tested myself?
He could have at least given the token resposne of I'm clean. Referring to his high school achievements to show he's clean means nothing. American High School Sports have some of the most juiced athletes on the planet.

If you look at Mende's instagram you can see his diet isn't exactly the best. Yet he is probably in the top 3 pound for pound most ripped guys in the sport.

Team imperial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 03:18 AM   #66
fandangler101

Purple Belt

Quote:
http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Cha...ses-PEDs-70579

Here is what mendes had to say, interesting he thinks 80% of the fighters are on it

Id probably say at least 80 percent of fighters are probably taking something, Mendes said. You know, theres guys that are coming back from injury trying to take it. Whether its them trying to survive, pay their mortgage, pay rent or whatever -- or guys just trying to get that full advantage to be at the top. So yeah, I think theres a lot of people taking performance enhancing drugs.

With time the system will be refined, but the Team Alpha Male product worries about how such rules will apply to international fighters like Aldo.

I like it [random drug testing]. The only thing I question about the system is what do we do about guys that are out of the country? Guys in Brazil, guys in Japan, can we trust those random drug tests? Mendes said. I was thinking about this the other day: If someone were to knock on Aldos door in Brazil and say, We need to give you a random drug test, and he says Heres $1,000, go away, its done. I feel like something like that could happen very easily. I just want to know what the system would be -- how could we trust that its going to be fair everywhere?
Great quote from Mendez and I have wondered this myself. Corruption also exists here in the US so I'm sure it can happen anywhere.

Old 07-16-2014, 03:32 AM   #67
TJC

Green Belt

Perhaps because he didn't want to lie.

TJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 05:22 AM   #68
liberate

Purple Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team imperial View Post
Serious question. Jose straight up called him a juicer and he just replies saying how he trains hard and posts a pic looking ripped like Stallone?

Get some random testing done for this fight please.
Mendes basically has just said "NO YOU" as a response.

Even a juiced Mendes would lose to Aldo, so I can understand why Mendes is trying to get the title other ways (ie: getting Aldo stripped). He's out of options everywhere else.

liberate is offline   Reply With Quote