Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 08-06-2014, 08:33 AM   #41
Beersnob

Orange Belt

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaelmonfils View Post
This is an easy fight to pick; Rousey Rd1 likely an armbar.
Sadly, this.

Beersnob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 10:12 AM   #42
KekoJones

Orange Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99Silva View Post
She runs around in front of the camera and I heard she still works out. Remember when Floyd retired for a short while he still worked out and look at how he did.
well, 5 years isn't a "short while". sry to ruin it for u

KekoJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 11:52 AM   #43
Polish Punisher

Brown Belt

This fight is a joke.

Carano would be rustier than a trombone.

She is has been playing pretend for years.

Women dont age as well as men.

She competed in an even weaker talent pool than exists today in WMMA.

Miesha Tate would wreck Carano if she came back, Cyborg would beat her again.

Polish Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 07:33 PM   #44
Genghis84

Blue Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerkick View Post
There seems to have some coaching problems from Greg Jackson's camp lately, most of their fighters except JBJ, all are losing their fights
I doubt the camp matters as much as people think. I mean look at Davis. She trained with Alpha Male and was finished quicker than all of Rousey's previous opponents.

Genghis84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 08:03 PM   #45
riitzni

Brown Belt

Location: Toluca Prison, hanging with the convicts and carving warm meat with my rusty Great Knife
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99Silva View Post
Gina has the size and strength. Ronda has been overpowering everyone and pretty much uses her technique to do whatever she wants with them.

Gina has the respect of Rousey which many fighters don't. When Ronda's mad you better watch out. With Gina it's not like she's infuriated she respects her a great deal.

Gina has thaiboxing skills and she did very well there. Many fighters that fought Rousey did not have that. Striking skills in this case is better than having grappling skills because Rousey's grappling skills trumps everyone else's. Cat would do well too because of her striking.

Gina is smart. Many fighters before were hotheaded they couldn't stay relaxed. Which was why ultimately they kept running into trouble that they could have avoided.

Gina has reach. Her reach is out there. She might have the reach advantage in this fight. The other fighters lacked this. All the other fighters arm length was too short to compete with a Rousey esque body frame.

Gina's intimidation. When she grins it makes us feint but it makes the fighters themselves scared shitless. This will do her good when facing an opponent in Rousey that is used to making others intimidated by that same grin.

Gina's hand speed. It's unlike anything I've ever seen. She's like the female bruce lee. It will do her well against a powerful striker in Rousey.

Gina's footwork. She moves from side to side. Bounces up and down. Lunges forward. Backpeddles away to avoid damage. All of this will help her. Rousey's other opponents never had this. They just stood in one spot and hoped something would land.
I don't even know where to start here. Guess I'll just go down the list.

Gina is not stronger. She *might* be bigger, and it won't help. Ronda has beaten women larger and stronger than her in judo. Gina would easily get tossed.

I don't think you've ever seen Ronda fight. She doesn't have to be angry at an opponent or not hespect them to work up the violence. Literally all of her fights whether she had a spat with the other female have started the same way, with her slapping her shoulders and face angled down, ready to break someone's arm.

I can't even...the rest. First of all, the word you were looking for is 'faint', a 'feint' is something Machida uses. You think, of all of the things about this fight that could happen, Gina smiling is...scary? To other people? Ronda is the last person on earth that's going to be affected in any way by Gina smiling.

I can't do this with you right now. I tried.