Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 11-11-2013, 11:22 AM   #21
LightweightKing**
Banned

vCash: 500
Vitor Belfort has always been a finisher!!! End of story. Had he been a guy that only won decisions and all of the sudden started knocking guys out in 1rd then the haters would have a legit a point.

LightweightKing** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 11:25 AM   #22
Rod Farva
War Big Nog!

You're crazy if you think he's only on TRT

Rod Farva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 11:26 AM   #23
Rod Farva
War Big Nog!

People on this website couldn't admit that Overeem was on the sauce before he got busted. If that wasn't obvious, no one is.

Rod Farva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 08:14 PM   #24
Pengu

Purple Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emjay View Post
So trt = spinning shit?

I'm glad I learned that today
lols spinning shit- name me another mid 30 year old dude adding skills to their skill set after being in the game for so long.
There's a reason why they say "You can't teach an old dog new tricks"
And to think TRT doesn't contribute to he's violent success-your delusional

Pengu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 08:20 PM   #25
SeattleFightFan

Gold Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjdiaz View Post
I can't think of one guy that has looked as good as vitor has that had a TUE. people will say Ovrreem, but we don't know how long he was on testosterone before getting popped and even then who did he really beat besides brock? he beat hunt by submission, brett rogers, and werdum. rogers had one good win over a glass jawed arlovski and the werdum fight was terrible.

dan henderson would be another to take into consideration but he was a killer even before his TUE. I honestly don't think it helped him all too much it sure as hell didn't help his gas tank. he didn't look like a different fighter at all and even then I think hendo has a legitimate excuse to use TRT, he was never busted for roids and has never been accused of it, he just got old and whether people agree with him using or not he more than likely does need it.

now vitor, people say he looked like a different fighter since his TUE but vitor has ALWAYS been a 1st round fighter. and he's only lost to silva and jones since dropping down to middleweight after his loss to hendo. he also had top 10 wins before he started using testosterone. he beat martin by KO RD1 linland KO RD1 franklin KO RD1 akiyama KO RD1 and johnson SUB RD1 before he got his TUE. His next 3 wins are bisping KO RD2 rockhold KO RD1 and hendo KO RD1. how are his last 3 wins any different than what he's been doing his whole career? I gues TRT helped his left high kick?

I honestly think people are putting too much thought into vitors TRT, he just seems to finally have his head on straight too bad it took him this long to straighten everything out. he does seem like a different fighter but I credit that to being smarter and maturing more than TRT but I guess we'll find out when he finally fights in the US again.
are people making too big of a deal about Lance Armstrong, A-Rod, etc?

shrug. maybe.

it's hard for any policy to keep up with technology. and before you go there, that doesn't necessarily mean we should just throw policy out the window.

Old 11-11-2013, 08:22 PM   #26
Emjay
... this is bad comedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pengu View Post
lols spinning shit- name me another mid 30 year old dude adding skills to their skill set after being in the game for so long.
There's a reason why they say "You can't teach an old dog new tricks"
And to think TRT doesn't contribute to he's violent success-your delusional
So without TRT, Vitor Belfort would have ABSOLUTELY been unable to pull off head kicks

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight

Problem isnt "weak cards". Problem is the sense of entitlement to always be delivered the greatest thing ever all the time
Emjay is online now   Reply With Quote