Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 09-06-2014, 04:09 AM   #321
Wayweary

Black Belt

vCash: 3076
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggie Pish View Post
I probably wouldn't want to hang out with you anyway. I'm pretty busy with my personal and professional endeavors and my time with friends is pretty limited. When I do get down time, I prefer to spend it with folks who will challenge me, not bring me down a level.

The fans chanted "bullshit" because that was the proper and expected response based on the context of the angle that was happening.
No it wasn't. One guy got pinned. It's not like a ref dragged a passed out fighter onto another passed out fighter and did a three count, or made a three-count last ten seconds or some shit, both of which has happened in that lame ass form of entertainment.

Quote:
It was out of respect for the Undertaker. And "The Streak" was one of the best consistent storylines ever in wrestling, and the ending was the best ending they could of done.

Scripted nonsense? So? Anything scripted is nonsense now?
You fail at reading. It is nonsense and it is also scripted. I neither said nor implied that everything scripted was nonsense. The fact that it is scripted makes it not a sport, and not real. The fact that it is lame as fuck and often makes very little sense makes it nonsense.

Quote:
Movies, tv, video games? What about Bellator tonight? Was that scripted nonsense? Back and forth promos, the unveiling of a masked man, Bobby Lashley smashing a bum? It sounds an awful lot like Bellator has identified what the future is.
The future is full of morons, just like the past. If Bellator profits from shit like this, it will be capitalism at work. I just hope that it fails because it is lame as fuck and I don't want it infecting an actual sport that I care about.

Quote:
They know WWE is beating UFC in the ratings, and they know the WWE is doing well because of this sort of thing. Dana better get on the bandwagon or else Bellator might put them away for good. Then a year later Vince will buy Bellator and we will all be watching the same thing anyway. Why the hate?
Do you enjoy talking out of your ass?

Wayweary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 11:02 AM   #322
phatron

Green Belt

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggie Pish View Post
Really "Through the Wormhole" is your example? That's ridiculous considering that show is not even a fictional show, at least they don't sell it as such. Truth is though that show is all made up nonsense too. Its based wholly on abstract concepts and theoretical physics, most of it hasn't even been proven or lab tested. It's intellectual science speak gibberish. I'll watch that when they can at least prove that outer space even exists. At this point I'd be inclined to believe the Van Buren belt is the outer limits of the known universe and beyond that is simply a hologram or light show. They want you to think there's something out there, but I haven't seen any solid proof.
It doesn't matter that its non fiction....its entertainment.

My whole point was that WWE fans don't accept or are very insecure of the demographic they fall into.

And lol at you saying theoretical physics hasn't been proven. No shit...its in the title...theoretical.

phatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 04:37 PM   #323
nosoultosell
Banned

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by waters View Post
You mean over the hill undersized HW's, when he fought somebody as big as he is, he folded up like a lil bitch and went running. Shit, I would hate MMA to if Rory fucking Mcdonald is the only good canadian fighter in the SPORT.
That undersized, over the hill HW was UFC champ after beating a 67 Sylvia.

Mir, Heath and Carwin were not undersized.

It's obvious that you don't like Brock but you sound like a bitch crybaby going on about it.

nosoultosell is offline   Reply With Quote