Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 08-10-2014, 07:16 PM   #81

Green Belt

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravy_Gecko View Post
Yeah, that's the joke.
Hey, you again. Haha, English is not my first, so sometimes jokes like these slip by misunderstood.

14.09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 02:40 AM   #82
hugovela

Yellow Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jipa View Post
I really don't understand the credit people give fighters just for fighting bigger guys. It's not like they are forced to fight in that particular weight class. They fight where they feel like they have the best shot as the fighters in the particular weight class.
They are more badass than you, or me, even though they are not forced to fight, but they do...it's not about being forced or not, but challenging themselves; the fact that 95+% of the fighters cut weight prove that size matters in fighting and is one more tool to decimate your opponent.

hugovela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 02:43 AM   #83
hugovela

Yellow Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikekoz68 View Post
I agree. Look at how much praise BJ Penn gets for fighting Machida...BJ lost! Big deal, anyone can go eat a whack of cheeseburgers and go fight someone heavier and lose, I don't know why ppl think that was so amazing
Right, that's why BJ stayed at 185 for the rest of his career

hugovela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 02:45 AM   #84
Brown0517

Orange Belt

This thread should have ended with Sakuraba... Or Minowaman but he is too legendary

Brown0517 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 02:47 AM   #85
stin4tw

Brown Belt

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravy_Gecko View Post
Akira Shoji.

I miss the glory days of MMA, when having a warrior's spirit was almost as important as having a winning record.

These days we have fans praising Carlos Condit for running from Nick Diaz for 25 minutes.
Still mad about that Diaz loss? Let it go, bud. It's been a while.

^^ 98% of Sherdog's MMAth

8/23/12 - Official "WTF" Day | 30
stin4tw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 02:53 AM   #86
stin4tw

Brown Belt

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ah Man View Post
This. I know when I think of badasses challenging themselves against larger opponents, Rumble Johnson is the first guy to come to mind.

I feel pretty confident Machida beats any version of Lesnar, though I'd go for a decision. I'm not entirely sure what to make of all this pre/post-diverticulitis stuff with Lesnar. On one hand, it's easy to see how debilitating it could be. On the other hand, the guys who beat Lesnar post-illness were worlds better than the guys he beat before it, as was Machida. Lesnar struggled plenty with Randy's takedown defense and scrambling ability before he finished him on the feet. I would expect him to struggle even more with Machida's, which was just as good but with far more difficulty setting takedowns up, and Lesnar's not hurting Machida on the feet.
Brock finished Randy on the ground, not feet.
You have got to be either insane or the biggest Machida hugger on here if you think any version of Machida beats the 265+ version of Brock that prison raped Mir in their second fight.
... Did you miss Carwins dropping his best bombs on Brock and not putting him away? Pre-DV Brock had to be the scariest dude in the Octagon that I've ever seen.

^^ 98% of Sherdog's MMAth

8/23/12 - Official "WTF" Day | 30
stin4tw is offline   Reply With Quote