Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 07-03-2014, 10:55 PM   #51
GoodOleWrasslin

Brown Belt

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShogunOfBuyMore View Post
Anyone who has already bought tickets has an investment, ego, or self-esteem to protect. Do you expect people to come on here and say, "Yeah, the card really sucks... that is why I paid $125 to $300 for tickets."
Or deadspin is renowned for being a real garbage dump of a media outlet.

GoodOleWrasslin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 11:26 PM   #52
Kingfarthur

Green Belt

"Journalists" trying really hard for a controversial angle.

The card is great. Two great title fights. The FS1 headliner is great. I'm fan of a lot of sports, and I can honestly say none make me cringe more than football and the NFL.

Old 07-03-2014, 11:34 PM   #53
Nihilism

Brown Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scamrock View Post
Its like the boy who cried wolf. They could be spot on with many facts and truths, but unfortuntely, Deadspin isnt exactly considered a source of indifference. They have a reputation for having a strong anti-Zuffa bias. So people will take even the most honest article as little more than serving an agenda. Theyve done it to themselves.
So in order for your readership to take your negative truths seriously, you need to write a proportionate amount of positive truths about the same subject?

What kind of logic is that? The only person that would think in such a way is someone with a pro-Zuffa bias.

Does a defense lawyer have to list a bunch of things the accused is guilty of in order to be able to defend him from what the defendant pleas he isn't guilty of?

You can't expose the UFC negatively and be credentialed. Any website seriously covering MMA knows this. Deadspin can't be MMAfighting without the resources credentials grant, and MMAfighting can't be Deadspin because that would be goodbye to their credentials. The UFC has a stranglehold on the situation.

Old 07-03-2014, 11:53 PM   #54
ThunderL1ps

Green Belt

vCash: 50
This article is for retards that have problems connecting the dots -- and there are a lot of you that need that visual.

ThunderL1ps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 11:56 PM   #55
mag5585

Brown Belt

My issue with this article, which I read on deadspin before opening this, is that it acts as if PED's isn't running rampant in every sport. Or how the UFC is a joke for letting this happen as if the NFL, or networks like ESPN don't seem to forgive stars even if they pop for performance enhancing drugs, or in some cases worse shit, ie Ray Lewis.

This is how we treat our sport stars period, and around the world this is normal. Get off the high horse.

I HAVE a rendezvous w/ Death, And I to my pledged word am true, I shall not fail that rendezvous
mag5585 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 11:56 PM   #56
Scamrock

Brown Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nihilism View Post
So in order for your readership to take your negative truths seriously, you need to write a proportionate amount of positive truths about the same subject?

What kind of logic is that? The only person that would think in such a way is someone with a pro-Zuffa bias.

Does a defense lawyer have to list a bunch of things the accused is guilty of in order to be able to defend him from what the defendant pleas he isn't guilty of?

You can't expose the UFC negatively and be credentialed. Any website seriously covering MMA knows this. Deadspin can't be MMAfighting without the resources credentials grant, and MMAfighting can't be Deadspin because that would be goodbye to their credentials. The UFC has a stranglehold on the situation.
You're overthinking this. All I'm saying is that if you have a reputation as being biased or having an agenda, people won't take you as seriously, no matter how true what you are saying really is. That isn't just for the anti-UFC stuff, it's also true for the pro-UFC crowd. All you have to do is look in any of these threads about Deadspin articles to see that people consider them anti-UFC. Do you honestly think people don't consider that when reading the articles, if they read them at all?

Also, that bit about credentials is overblown. I read a lot of MMA articles and listen to a whole lotta radio and podcasts. There are guys who say plenty of bad things about the UFC and are still credentialed. Ben Flowlkes brought it up on the CME. He pretty much said that it's nice to have credentials, but if they revoke you, it's not like most of your coverage isn't pretty much from watching the events at home on TV.

Scamrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 12:52 AM   #57
PrinceOfPain

Brown Belt

vCash: 480
Deadspin might have an "anti-UFC" agenda, but that doesn't mean this article makes any less sense.

☻/
/▌
/ \
PrinceOfPain is online now   Reply With Quote