Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > Boxing Discussion

Boxing Discussion The Suite of the Sweet Science of Fisticuffs.

Old 08-23-2014, 03:03 AM   #131
Hands0fStone

Yellow Belt

vCash: 500
just watched the fight on youtube. Good performance by Austin Trout, the jab looked fast and I like how he threw the straight left to the body. He put some nice combinations together too. I felt like Dawson showed Trout way to much respect. I feel like Dawson is solid, sure he caught a lot of leather but thats because 85% of the punches being thrown were by Austin Trout, He did do a good job at times of slipping and ducking Trouts punches, and hes smart enough to know that Trout was getting over confident and over extending at times. He should have been letting his hands go more.

As far as the two knockdowns they were mainly balance issues, in addition to Trout becoming over confident and not expecting it. Even in the round in which he suffered the knockdown he still out boxed Dawson. He was never seriously hurt.

Hands0fStone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 03:14 AM   #132
JayElectra
Paper Belt

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands0fStone View Post
just watched the fight on youtube. Good performance by Austin Trout, the jab looked fast and I like how he threw the straight left to the body. He put some nice combinations together too. I felt like Dawson showed Trout way to much respect. I feel like Dawson is solid, sure he caught a lot of leather but thats because 85% of the punches being thrown were by Austin Trout, He did do a good job at times of slipping and ducking Trouts punches, and hes smart enough to know that Trout was getting over confident and over extending at times. He should have been letting his hands go more.

As far as the two knockdowns they were mainly balance issues, in addition to Trout becoming over confident and not expecting it. Even in the round in which he suffered the knockdown he still out boxed Dawson. He was never seriously hurt.
Yeah, I agree with most of this. I mean, Trout does deserve a lot of shit for being dropped twice by a tune-up fighter, but he looked physically the same as he did when he was in form, and one of them were balance shots (and both of them were of him fighting out of character). Whatever. I'm still a big fan of Trout and will support him regardless.

-Diogenes
JayElectra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 02:29 PM   #133
ironfist05

Brown Belt

always liked Trout, hope that he can come back here. Nice to see him get back in the win column

MM #1 P4P

all props to oliAGKmar, Saffiedine was no match for Rory
ironfist05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 04:12 PM   #134
Hands0fStone

Yellow Belt

who do yall wanna see trout fight next?

Hands0fStone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 04:49 PM   #135
nac386

Green Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands0fStone View Post
who do yall wanna see trout fight next?
He dominated but he got knocked down twice. I don't know if that will make them give him another "tune up" fight before taking on a top ranked guy again. But maybe he could fight Carlos Molina? If not, someone like Angulo.

nac386 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 05:08 PM   #136
Cheese

Black Belt

I want to see Trout vs Serigo Martinez next, I think its good match up for both guys

Cheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 10:22 AM   #137
nac386

Green Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheese View Post
I want to see Trout vs Serigo Martinez next, I think its good match up for both guys
At what weight?

nac386 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 01:03 PM   #138
Cheese

Black Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by nac386 View Post
At what weight?
MW. Trout said he will go up for it.

Cheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 01:09 PM   #139
Sunfish
Martinez Belt

vCash: 921
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheese View Post
Sexy.

Old 08-24-2014, 10:27 PM   #140
realdealgeale

Orange Belt

always thought dawson was a better kickboxer than boxer ( least from a foot work POV). Trout looked heaps bigger in there, he seems to get dropped at least once in every fight now. good recovery powers thou.