Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 06-21-2014, 04:26 PM   #131
legalizecp**
Banned

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZuffaExecutive View Post
Lmao,Bellator are about 10 years away from the ufcs level.IF not 20.

Women 115 divison,is full of attractive women,so they will probably sell well,Also if they add more divisions they can have more title fights.
Who's going to pay to watch because the fighters are pretty? Having a women's division is as bad as having a men's metally/physically disabled or kids division.

legalizecp** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 04:28 PM   #132
BisexualMMA
I thought KSW was trying to be serious!

Quote:
Originally Posted by legalizecp View Post
Who's going to pay to watch because the fighters are pretty? Having a women's division is as bad as having a men's metally/physically disabled or kids division.
The same people who originally stumbled upon TUF because they already had the channel on Spike TV.

BisexualMMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 04:42 PM   #133
Bigj383

Gold Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by legalizecp View Post
Wow did you just compare a female athlete to a mentally disabled man.

Old 06-21-2014, 05:09 PM   #134
BisexualMMA
I thought KSW was trying to be serious!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigj383 View Post
Wow did you just compare a female athlete to a mentally disabled man.
Damn, I didn't know that all this time I have been watching the Olympics, half of it was actually the Special Olympics.

Good on me for supporting the Special Olympics!

BisexualMMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 10:30 PM   #135
fightdonttweet

Brown Belt

vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lead Salad View Post
Though I love the way it's structured now, it was awesome when there were only 4 and then 5 belts. The limited amount of gold in the entire division made champs seem so big. I think they should've only had 2 divisions below LW at this point.
Divisions are supposed to be there so the smaller fighters can compete. But we have a situation now at flyweight where the top 3 fighters consist of a guy who knocked out the current bantamweight champ, a guy who was the no 2 bantamweight before he dropped down, and the champ who has beat down the 2 guys I just mentioned and was a top bantamweight himself. It doesn't seem like divisional seperation was necessary.

That said, its pretty retarded for sherdoggers to be complaining about watching the same guys they were watching before, just because they weigh in 10 lbs lighter now.

Old 06-22-2014, 02:56 PM   #136
The_Renaissance

Silver Belt

They've learned their lesson. They must be looking at the upcoming potential title fights at 125 and 135, and WMMA 135lbs, thinking 'sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet'.

To be fair, HW and LHW are in the same boat.

No way they make new divisions when they can barely sell/market those they have already. Thankfully. I have no interest in a division featuring a handful of Filipino dudes with padded records & flyweight also-rans like Danny Martinez and Darren Uyenoyama.

Old 06-22-2014, 02:58 PM   #137
The_Renaissance

Silver Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by fightdonttweet View Post
Divisions are supposed to be there so the smaller fighters can compete. But we have a situation now at flyweight where the top 3 fighters consist of a guy who knocked out the current bantamweight champ, a guy who was the no 2 bantamweight before he dropped down, and the champ who has beat down the 2 guys I just mentioned and was a top bantamweight himself. It doesn't seem like divisional seperation was necessary.

That said, its pretty retarded for sherdoggers to be complaining about watching the same guys they were watching before, just because they weigh in 10 lbs lighter now.
Nah, its more the context.
Take Jeremy Stephens. Completely mediocre, run of the mill LW with KO power, got knocked out by Yves Edwards (who hardly make a habit of KO'ing people), lost numerous decisions etc. Cuts 10lbs and is 1 win away from potentially getting a title shot.

Is Jeremy Stephens really an elite-level fighter, or is he just benefiting from a shallower division?

Old 06-22-2014, 03:09 PM   #138
Groundmaster
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AhuraMazda View Post
Of the UFC. The fans dont want it
speak for yourself I do want it.

Groundmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 03:12 PM   #139
SuperNerd
Off Season Mode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morozevich View Post
It's even higher when we talk about the casual fan.
Not from my experience, and not when I listen to experienced fighters, trainers and fans talk about it.

Sherdoggers, yes.

But sherdog is the dumb and insecure coming to a forum to pat each other on the back. "Yeah it was boring! and they do suck! People agree with me!"

Old 06-22-2014, 03:16 PM   #140
Zeta Reticuli

Green Belt

They also need a 105lb division

Zeta Reticuli is offline   Reply With Quote