Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 01-06-2014, 03:34 AM   #81
Seoul
Bait

vCash: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeliankoFan1 View Post
Silva is in no way better than Cormier in any shape or form. I think Cormier buries Silva easily at any point in his career and the entire MW divsion but in terms of resume, Silva is superior to Cormier in that aspect. Silva had problems with Chaels wrestling and Hendo's wrestling, Cormiers wrestling is on another level along with cormier striking and physical power. Weidman himself would be lucky to survive a round with cormier, let alone two or three rounds.

Silva has lost in his career to grapplers and ran into a few guys he couldn't beat. Silva has had holes in his game and a very large one in terms of wrestling defense that made him very beatable among wrestlers who could put him on the mat. Silva was a great striker but that is where it ends as he had very large holes in his game. Weidman is going to have his hands full with that grouping but none of them are Cormier.

Silva twice does not make him cormier and Silva was always a flawed fighter, Cormier is not.
So you're telling me a HW will beat a MW? No shit Cormier would beat Anderson. I want you to go make a poll and ask what's a better win to have on your record, Cormier or Anderson. No, don't waste the time, you know what the overwhelming majority will pick. Idk where I said Anderson would beat Cormier, but thanks for your little essay on the subject.

Old 01-06-2014, 03:43 AM   #82
EmeliankoFan1

Black Belt

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seoul View Post
So you're telling me a HW will beat a MW? No shit Cormier would beat Anderson. I want you to go make a poll and ask what's a better win to have on your record, Cormier or Anderson. No, don't waste the time, you know what the overwhelming majority will pick. Idk where I said Anderson would beat Cormier, but thanks for your little essay on the subject.
Cormier is smaller and shorter than both weidman and silva with less reach, both of which are very large MW's. At MW cormier would beat both fighters, regardless of weight and I would love someone to disprove that. Silva had a hard time with Sonnen and hendos wrestling and you expect him to do what to Cormiers wrestling/grappling at any weight.

You can poll sherdog and ask which is a more impressive/tougher win for any fighter, Cormier or Silva and you would get your answer. Silva is and was always a flawed fighter, Cormier is not and is a much tougher fight and win than Silva.

As I said, if Jones beat Cormier, weidman would still be behind. In terms of accolades Silva is superior but if you poll who is the superior fighter you would get your answer.

Last edited by EmeliankoFan1; 01-06-2014 at 04:48 AM.
EmeliankoFan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 09:12 PM   #83
True Form
Anderson "Checked" out..

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeliankoFan1 View Post
Cormier is smaller and shorter than both weidman and silva with less reach, both of which are very large MW's. At MW cormier would beat both fighters, regardless of weight and I would love someone to disprove that. Silva had a hard time with Sonnen and hendos wrestling and you expect him to do what to Cormiers wrestling/grappling at any weight.

You can poll sherdog and ask which is a more impressive/tougher win for any fighter, Cormier or Silva and you would get your answer. Silva is and was always a flawed fighter, Cormier is not and is a much tougher fight and win than Silva.

As I said, if Jones beat Cormier, weidman would still be behind. In terms of accolades Silva is superior but if you poll who is the superior fighter you would get your answer.
You lost me when you said Cormier is smaller..That's a ridiculous thing to say.