Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 02-11-2014, 09:48 AM   #171
Ekcol

Blue Belt

vCash: 50
Watch more tape on McMann, she is not ready. R3 armbar first 2 minutes

Ekcol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 10:05 AM   #172
Ippy

vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekcol View Post
Watch more tape on McMann, she is not ready. R3 armbar first 2 minutes
Not only is McMann not ready, but her style is hilariously tailor made to lose to Rousey. I'd be shocked if this got out of the first round.

Now before anyone brings up Tate/Rousey 2 being an indication that Rousey's lost a step or the start of a trend... I don't think that highly of Tate, but one thing is that she is legit one of the toughest female fighters I've ever seen. That's the only reason she made it out of the first round in their second fight.

Ippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 11:37 AM   #173
C00kie

Purple Belt

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ippy View Post
Seriously, someone should tweet these to McMann:

Take a look at the second vid. @ 7:00 he points out something amazing that requires such a high level of skill, that I hope to one day even halfway come close to that level. (I've been learning chaining combos of judo throws, but I'm still a baby compared to that)

btw, McMann trying to lay and pray would be asking for a juji gatame/armbar/Rondabar. Ronda's ground game is legit. She won't make it easy for McMann to do anything, let alone sit in her guard for 5 rounds. For a wrestler, McMann's top game leaves more to be desired.

The people picking McMann here either:
a. Are basically just rooting for anyone who isn't Ronda.
b. Are caught up in the UFC hype machine. Olympic wrestling vs. Olympic judo would be epic... if it was mens. For the women, judo is by far more competitive than wrestling.
I'll catch those when I get home. I brought up the fact the she was got tapped by Shayna but that was silly I suppose, yet McMann has not shown she learned from from that mistake. That's the silly part imo. It's most likely A, people just don't like her. She's an arrogant, overrated, and ugly.

Point blank Sara is good but her weakness is Ronda's strength. Sara could very well KO or TKO Honda standing or on the ground, most likely though Ronda via sub off her back. I think McMann will be the stongest fighter Housey will have faced so far.

Old 02-11-2014, 01:08 PM   #174
everysecond

Yellow Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Speeit View Post
Well, she said herself that she was dazed.
I don't know why it's so important that we pretend Ronda is some unbreakable cyborg and her opponents offer nothing. It kind of invalidates how good she is.

You could just stop being idealistically stubborn and say that maybe Ronda got hit hard a few times and still put on a domineering performance, which would just underline what an awesome fighter she is.

Instead, you're denying that she got hit hard, even though she says that she did, to make Tate seem far inferior, which makes Ronda's accomplishment of beating her seem less impressive.
tate who?

everysecond is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 01:09 PM   #175
everysecond

Yellow Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peteyandjia View Post
I must admit I am a bit worried for my girl Ronda in this one.

For the first time ever.
same. Ima be on the edge of my seat for this one.

everysecond is online now   Reply With Quote