Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 12-29-2013, 06:58 AM   #11
Guilherme DeLuv

White Belt

vCash: 500
Oh, the hate for Anderson.

You know what's funny?
Even Weidman had that feeling of "what the fuck just happened"... but zuffa-zombies eat Rogan's words as gospel as always... EVERYBODY trains checking leg kicks with knees for those fights, that's a well known "malicious" move in MT, and in every MMA fight a knee-check occurs about a billion times, Silva's breaking his leg is an accident...

What's even funnier is that when Coleman fractured Shogun's arm with a takedown EVERYBODY accepted it as a fluke win and as an accident without that much credit on Coleman's part... but as it is with Anderson, an accident becomes a well timed technique by Weidman. lol

Not even when Corey Hill broke his leg the same way, nobody knowledged Dale Hartt's win as a "incredible timed defense", everybody, till this day, keeps saying it was bad luck... it was such an accident, that nobody even remembers Dale Hartt name when that moment comes to mind.

I don't root for Anderson, I really don't care about him and I even like he's been defeated no matter in which way, because this really ruins Tv Globo plans of making MMA a ridiculous show.... but c'mon, yes, that was another fluke win.

Old 12-29-2013, 07:01 AM   #12
ruckingfetard

Orange Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guilherme DeLuv View Post

You know what's funny?
Even Weidman had that feeling of "what the fuck just happened"... but zuffa-zombies eat Rogan's words as gospel as always... EVERYBODY trains checking leg kicks with knees for those fights, that's a well known "malicious" move in MT, and in every MMA fight a knee-check occurs about a billion times, Silva's breaking his leg is an accident...

What's even funnier is that when Coleman fractured Shogun's arm with a takedown EVERYBODY accepted it as a fluke win and as an accident without that much credit on Coleman's part... but as it is with Anderson, an accident becomes a well timed technique by Weidman. lol

Not even when Corey Hill broke his leg the same way, nobody knowledged Dale Hartt's win as a "incredible timed defense", everybody, till this day, keeps saying it was bad luck... it was such an accident, that nobody even remembers Dale Hartt name when that moment comes to mind.

I don't root for Anderson, I really don't care about him and I even like he's been defeated no matter in which way, because this really ruins Tv Globo plans of making MMA a ridiculous show.... but c'mon, yes, that was another fluke win.
You won me over with that one.

Mucking Foron!
ruckingfetard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 07:35 AM   #13
Silverstar17

Purple Belt

vCash: 50
Quote:

You know what's funny?

That logic would make a broken jaw in a fight an accident as well.

Leg breaks can happen when the defender checks the kick and the kicker puts everything in it. Anderson always had skinny legs as well.

Anderson wanted to kick Chris really hard. Chris wanted to check his kick using a technique he knew could cause a leg break. The worst thing possible happened. The fact that it doesn´t happen very often doesn´t make it an accident.

Anderson´s injury was a result of fighting actions.

I wish it would have ended in another way but it was definitely not a fluke. Just like the first time. Anderson again made a mistake and Chris again capitalized on it.

LW: Henderson
FW: Aldo, Bermudez
BW: McDonald
Silverstar17 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 07:39 AM   #14
Alexandergreat3
In Fedor We Trust, amen™

vCash: 37660
Weidman has the most dominant rise as a new champion in MMA I have ever seen. First, KTFOing the MW GOAT. Then, snapping his leg in half.

Weidman's beatings of Silva make Jones' beating of Shogun seems pale in comparison.

"What you talking about? Jesus took a beating before reaching God status"
- Vale_Tudo
Alexandergreat3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 07:46 AM   #15
Baianada

Brown Belt

Repeating that those fights were not flukes won't change anything. I don't know why you people make so many threads looking to justify these "wins". They were not legit, period. Deal with it.

Baianada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 07:58 AM   #16
Jackonflame

Silver Belt

vCash: 272
Oh god. Weidman fans are so insecure.

How long before they become the most unbearable fan base on here?

Old 12-29-2013, 08:10 AM   #17
wlu29

Silver Belt

vCash: 600
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackonflame View Post

As Anderson fans you guy would be sad to relinquish that title

Old 12-29-2013, 08:16 AM   #18
bish0p2004

vCash:
Quote:

You know what's funny?

Good post. While I think Weidman beats Anderson Silva most times (if not all the time), if Weidman had broken his leg on Anderson's knee, the ko would have definitely been considered a fluke and inconclusive by fans.

I think Weidman clearly beat Anderson the first time as he didn't play into his games (which Silva plays in every fight), but this second one was just a crappy ending to a fight.

Old 12-29-2013, 08:26 AM   #19
the muntjac
The Bohab Belt

Location: The planet Scumdogia. That's way past Uranus, buddy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackonflame View Post

His fan base is mostly comprised of Anderson Silva haters. They'll quickly abandon him when he loses his first fight.