Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 12-15-2013, 05:20 AM   #81
xP

Black Belt

vCash: 50
It wasn't close as far as scoring but it's not like Barao brutalized Faber. He just out worked him and landed more than he did. Faber actually had a little success when he moved forward and attacked with his right.

lol at "destroyed him with legkicks" post.

Old 12-15-2013, 05:21 AM   #82
MCS
observer

vCash: 72177
He made a mistake, it happens. That was an example out of the blue, not read from a cue card.

Old 12-15-2013, 05:24 AM   #83
xP

Black Belt

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCS View Post
He made a mistake, it happens. That was an example out of the blue, not read from a cue card.
Yeah. When you're commentating live you can't use the perfect wording for everything. Rogan wasn't trying to say Faber almost beat him or anything, but it's not like Faber looked like he didn't belong in there with him.

Old 12-15-2013, 05:28 AM   #84
MCS
observer

vCash: 72177
Quote:
Originally Posted by xP View Post
Yeah. When you're commentating live you can't use the perfect wording for everything. Rogan wasn't trying to say Faber almost beat him or anything, but it's not like Faber looked like he didn't belong in there with him.
yea, the fight was competitive, but not close, and him mentioning the Cruz rematch in the same sentence makes it sound he's comparing the two to be close to equal, hence it sounds like a mistake.

Old 12-15-2013, 06:18 AM   #85
Lost71

White Belt

vCash: 500
It's usually Goldberg that says the dumb stuff. I swear I heard Goldberg say something like "he caught him with an uppercut over the top" during one of the fights tonight.

Lost71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 06:18 AM   #86
DaGenius

Black Belt

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by abracadordosaco View Post
That's a bit of a stretch. I can understand a 48-47 if that's what you mean by very close, but not very close if you mean that the fight could have gone to Faber. It was very clearly a win for Cruz

I remember scoring it 4-1 but thinking that a score of 3-2 was reasonable. I went into that fight wanting Urijah to win and came out of it with a lot of respect for Cruz. Their season of TUF made me jump ship and become a Cruz fan

It was a boring blowout, but a blowout nonetheless. There was one moment in the first or maybe second that Barão caught Faber with a knee that broke Faber's rib, but the fight was overall pretty unexciting. Barão, like you said, used his range in a very technical fight in which Faber seemed a little hesitant to really go for things. After the knee to the ribs, Faber seemed a bit scurred of taking chances.

Sorry dude you can't have it both ways. There Is no such thing as a boing blowout (gsp jokes aside). The way I look at it is this.. Should Uriah faber have left the Barao fight thinking he lost...yes. Should he have left it thinking he got his ass kicked..I still say absolutely not. I just didn't see an ass kicking. I saw a guy keep faber away with his length, like he should, and out pointing him.

For all the talk of a blowout, let me say it again, at no point in the fight was faber in serious trouble. Just don't see how y'all can call that a beat down. A win for Barao, yes.