Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 12-02-2013, 03:27 PM   #61
RAVEDEATH

Orange Belt

vCash: 500
I think Gil pretty obviously beat him. Best LWs imo- 1. Gil, 2. Pettis, 3. Benson

Burn the backs of your legs.
RAVEDEATH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 03:41 PM   #62
Go2BATTLE83

Purple Belt

I'm bias because I'm a fan of his, but I believe he's at least the second best fighter at 155. I don't know, man it's like Pettis just has his number, it's so crazy because I think Bendo is a more crisp and refined fighter personally.

Dan Henderson
Donald Cerrone
Rich Franklin
Korean Zombie
Wanderlei Silva
Chris Leben

I care enough to try. But I try not to give a crap.
Go2BATTLE83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 05:45 PM   #63
CoffeeAndBeer

Black Belt

vCash: 595
Quote:
Originally Posted by wwedanawhite View Post
There's many good wrestlers in the LW division but i don't see why you think Gils wrestling is the one to dethrone pettis. Gil seemed to struggle defending some very low level body kicks by Diego, if he has problems with diego striking to the body then he's in for a world of hurt striking with pettis
Why wouldn't I think he could?

And not just cause we saw Guida did it a few fights ago.

CoffeeAndBeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 05:50 PM   #64
CoffeeAndBeer

Black Belt

vCash: 595
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsidian View Post
Gil doesn't really wrestle any more. He gets lured into brawls and vs Pettis that would be his undoing.
Depends on the opponent. Melendez would absolutley try to grind on Pettis.

And again, Melendez has a chin.

CoffeeAndBeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 05:53 PM   #65
JonSnitchPhones

Red Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go2BATTLE83 View Post
I'm bias because I'm a fan of his, but I believe he's at least the second best fighter at 155. I don't know, man it's like Pettis just has his number, it's so crazy because I think Bendo is a more crisp and refined fighter personally.
Yes, you are biased. Bendo is good all-around, but has no special skills, unlike Pettis does in 2 areas: striking and guard. Plus, Pettis is well-rounded to boot. He's been the better fighter, which is why he won both, the 2nd going away.

Now, hopefully he comes back at or near 100% so people with bias against him can't falsely confirm it by saying see, I told you he was overhyped, and just on a good run due to his opposition's style and caliber. Zuffa Zombies said the same thing about Shogun after he fucked up his knee and then debuted in UFC as a shell of himself. Like healthy/prime Shogun would ever lose to somebody as ordinary in athleticism and skill as Forrest. He moved like a fucking Zombie in that fight, after being a dynamo in Pride. Pettis is somewhat dependent on high-level athleticism too, so we have to wait and see how he comes back. If he starts dropping fights, while not being near as explosive, he deserves the benefit of the doubt that's the cause, and not that's just who he always was. He did win two championships on previous form.

Old 12-02-2013, 05:56 PM   #66
Gluhov

Brown Belt

I think bendo is done tbh. He will never mentally recover from that beating pettis gave him.

Gluhov is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 06:05 PM   #67
FedorandBjpenn

Blue Belt

For some reason I find Ben henderson extremely boring. Never been excited to watch him fight. and i dont like his attitude . dont know why he just annoys me

FedorandBjpenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 06:10 PM   #68
Captain Cook

Blue Belt

vCash: 50
Ben Henderson? Ah the guy that wins close and controversial decisions. Nevermind. Next topic please.

Captain Cook is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 06:17 PM   #69
DesertStomper**
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaZoRAndrew View Post
Your congrunency makes me sick. No two situations have to be alike to for them to be similar. Obviously they are not EXACTLY the same but are close. Way to piss on the fire.
Really isn't like that. I just don't think the situations are anything alike. As in not even close and a terrible, horrible, worst of all time comparison.

DesertStomper** is offline   Reply With Quote