Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 10-04-2013, 06:57 PM   #81
willin

Black Belt

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seoul View Post
Like I said in my other post that you so conveniently ignored, what am I being so delusional about?

And if I'm a 'loonie fanboy' of Edgar, you sure as hell are one of Penn, seeing as how you flip the fuck out and start crying, going on these tangents if someone doesn't hold him as high as you.
I am an Edgar fan. I have been in his section for all his fights with the exception of his Maynard and Aldo fights, and was in total disagreement with his being given an unearned Title Fight against Henderson.
I accept Edgar and his career "warts and all".
What I detest and find troubling is a whacko fan base who refuse to acknowledge the warts and a reality that is diabolically dissimilar to the truth beyond facts.
BJ Penn, in my opinion, deserves the respect and gratitude of every LW fighting in the UFC today and every fan who enjoys that Division. BJ Penn resurrected that dead Division, and brought the spotlight on it.
Those loonies exude a sense of entitlement with so little knowledge of what Frankie's fights really involved.
Frankly, I find you and that fan base's inability to do anything but express a shallow, vague knowledge of his fights, yet intentionally mischaracterize the fights nausea inducing. Do yourself and Frankie Edgar a favor, abandon that "wine bubble". Edgar deserves better.

willin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 07:01 PM   #82
hoyle1911

Purple Belt

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoBiasJustMMA View Post
I remember reading something about BJ only cutting like 5-7 pounds for 155, I don't think 145 will be a problem for him unless he is lazy about his prep.
I think people have a bad impression of him due to his lack of commitment. So making 155 seemed like a real accomplishment for him, while 145 looks impossible.

hoyle1911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 07:27 PM   #83
Seoul
Bait

vCash: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by willin View Post
I am an Edgar fan. I have been in his section for all his fights with the exception of his Maynard and Aldo fights, and was in total disagreement with his being given an unearned Title Fight against Henderson.
I accept Edgar and his career "warts and all".
What I detest and find troubling is a whacko fan base who refuse to acknowledge the warts and a reality that is diabolically dissimilar to the truth beyond facts.
BJ Penn, in my opinion, deserves the respect and gratitude of every LW fighting in the UFC today and every fan who enjoys that Division. BJ Penn resurrected that dead Division, and brought the spotlight on it.
Those loonies exude a sense of entitlement with so little knowledge of what Frankie's fights really involved.
Frankly, I find you and that fan base's inability to do anything but express a shallow, vague knowledge of his fights, yet intentionally mischaracterize the fights nausea inducing. Do yourself and Frankie Edgar a favor, abandon that "wine bubble". Edgar deserves better.
I see you've dodged it for the third time.

Now do me, yourself and everyone else a favor, instead of writing another one of your little mini novels, where you put down others and attempt to build yourself up, tell me, what am I being so delusional about?

That seems to be what your little tangents are about, yet you can't tell me exactly what it is I said to make you act this way...

Old 10-04-2013, 08:14 PM   #84
jkthenatural

Purple Belt

vCash: 17200
Quote:
Originally Posted by jk1234 View Post
He beats Aldo, but loses to Conor
Well no shit haha

jkthenatural is offline   Reply With Quote