Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 08-02-2013, 10:53 PM   #31
WinterSoldier

Black Belt

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydome View Post
He's one of my favorite fighters to watch and a killer at 125. Short as hell(5'2) which is why I think he'd have lots of trouble with the lengthy guys at 135, but still exciting

I looked up some video on Youtube about Lineker and he is one tough little guy. Maybe Mike Dolce could help him loose weight or a team change would benefit him. He shows promise and with the right team could become a force at 125.

WinterSoldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 10:58 PM   #32
OldManGrip

Brown Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooljay1622 View Post
This always cracks me up. When a fighter is still in his 20s people on sherdog always say the guy is just gonna keep growing and growing. Dude is 23 he is not gonna get any taller. If the fighter just keeps a good diet and trains hard they can keep a constant weight.
some people grow slowly into their mid 20's. I did, i was 5'7 when iwas 17 , then grew slowly to 6 foot by 25. However most people don't grow so late. A lot of males in my family had delayed growth spurts

OldManGrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 12:14 AM   #33
bigearv14

Purple Belt

I wish he would get a Dolce or somebody to help him with the cut. FlyW needs contenders. The division lacks depth as it is and Lineker is a blast to watch.

bigearv14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 12:23 AM   #34
Tankeray
come up and get me

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMABr View Post
Always asks for the towel and has missed weight twice out of four fights. Definitely a pattern and seems to struggle more as time goes on. He will probably give some input on this issue in the next days.
this

Tankeray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 12:37 AM   #35
UniqueSteez

Purple Belt

vCash: 917
John is a future contender for the belt, I would hate to see him have to go up to 135 because I don't think he will be successful there. Due to that hes 5'2 and there are guys like George Roop, Johnny Bedford, who are 5'10 and 6'1. I love his fighting style he is very entertaining to watch, I hope weight issues don't come with into play with his future success at the Flyweight Division. I think he needs to leave his camp "Parana Vale Tudo." No disrespect to them and there fighters, but I think he would be more successful at a camp like Greg Jackson's or Black House. He would have guys that could help him with his Nutrition and ect to cut the weight and make it easier. Good luck to Lineker on Saturday should be a great fight as always.