Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > The Wasteland

The Wasteland Pro Wrestling, Fantasy Matchups, Rehashed MMA, Chat threads, etc.

Old 09-03-2014, 08:23 PM   #101
Jet40

Brown Belt

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirwastealot View Post
Hendricks looked like the better fighter in that fight. For whatever reason, GSP didn't look as good as he normally does. He looked considerably weaker than hendricks, he was getting hurt a lot, and he didn't seem as energetic or in control as he usually is. He was able to grind out to maybe win enough points (debatable) but hendricks looked like the better fighter.
I agree that GSP didn't look himself.

This is what I noticed since his comeback from his knee surgery.
I thought he looked decent against Condit. He seemed slower and gassed somewhat against Diaz. In the Hendricks fight he was a shell of his former self.

The injury has taken it's toll.

Michael Jordan
Jet40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 08:26 PM   #102
HydralisK

Brown Belt

vCash: 1400
Quote:
Originally Posted by UJustGotChaeld View Post
Except what you said is this ...

Your post had nothing to do with head strikes only. Also the fact you somehow think you can't commit to a strong jab is also telling of your bias and low IQ.

Either way GSP did commit to power strikes, he just went to both the body and head whereas Hendricks only went for the head. You made a stupid comment, got called out on it, and now are desperately looking to squirm your way out.
Lmao, talk about a try hard.

My post's point was that power punches are more likely to present obvious facial trauma, hence the reason I referenced power head strikes.

Significant strikes encompass everything from jabs, to body kicks, leg kicks(where the majority of GSP significant strikes came from.) I also never said you cannot commit to a strong jab or that they are incapable of doing damage. Do you understand the term "more likely?."

You keep talking about low IQ, yet a smarter person than yourself would have walked away 3 posts ago.

Quote:
You made a stupid comment, got called out on it, and now are desperately looking to squirm your way out.
Lol! Accusing me of doing exactly what you are doing, that's clever. I suppose we can attribute that to your high IQ...

Bigg Rigg War Wagon. The Chris War Wagon.

Fins up Foes Down.
HydralisK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 08:28 PM   #103
ThunderStruck

Black Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redhawks100 View Post
Conveniently, another GSP nuthugger that doesn't value my opinion. What a shock.
No one sane will ever value your opinion.

ThunderStruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 08:31 PM   #104
UJustGotChaeld

Red Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by HydralisK View Post
Lmao, talk about a try hard.

My post's point was that power punches are more likely to present obvious facial trauma, hence the reason I referenced power head strikes.

Significant strikes encompass everything from jabs, to body kicks, leg kicks(where the majority of GSP significant strikes came from.) I also never said you cannot commit to a strong jab or that they are incapable of doing damage. Do you understand the term "more likely?.

You keep talking about low IQ, yet a smarter person than yourself would have walked away 3 posts ago.

Lol! Accusing me of doing exactly what you are doing, that's clever. I suppose we can attribute that to your high IQ...
False, nice revisionism.
Quote:
GSP even strikes "safe." He almost never commits to a power punch for fear of getting countered.
Your point was that GSP fights safe and does not throw hard for fear of being countered. Your post was a way for you to get a dig in on GSP because of your moronic hatred.

Someone who was not filled with blind rage would have forgone the attack on GSP and said something along the lines of Hendricks fighting style tends to be more likely to cause facial damage because he doesn't attack the body as much and doesn't use much of a jab.

That is not what your point was, because that is not what you said. You've been called out for your stupidity.

(GSP has) established himself as #1. Over Anderson and everyone else. Including Fedor.
UJustGotChaeld is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 09:21 PM   #105
ejazahmednit

Blue Belt

the OP was making a fair point until he bombed with the he could ve knocked out hendricks if he did

its true that concussive trauma leaves no marks compared to grazing shots
see the gus and jones fight, the punch from Gus which grazed bones put a scar on him whereas it was not the best shot that gus hit jones with

ejazahmednit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 09:22 PM   #106
ejazahmednit

Blue Belt

Redhawks is one of the most sly and intelligent trolls i have seen on this site
sometimes he even rustles my passive jimmies

ejazahmednit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 09:26 PM   #107
synyster

Brown Belt

Old 09-03-2014, 10:00 PM   #108
bat_country

Black Belt

vCash: 440
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redhawks100 View Post
Conveniently, another GSP nuthugger that doesn't value my opinion. What a shock.
I value your opinion.

And agree.

Old 09-04-2014, 11:31 AM   #109
Toco

Purple Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonycpa View Post
No. your mind is made up
so you cant

aldo #1 p4p
Toco is offline   Reply With Quote