Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > The Wasteland

The Wasteland Pro Wrestling, Fantasy Matchups, Rehashed MMA, Chat threads, etc.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-03-2014, 08:23 PM   #101
Jet40

Brown Belt
 
Jet40's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 3,190
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirwastealot View Post
Hendricks looked like the better fighter in that fight. For whatever reason, GSP didn't look as good as he normally does. He looked considerably weaker than hendricks, he was getting hurt a lot, and he didn't seem as energetic or in control as he usually is. He was able to grind out to maybe win enough points (debatable) but hendricks looked like the better fighter.
I agree that GSP didn't look himself.

This is what I noticed since his comeback from his knee surgery.
I thought he looked decent against Condit. He seemed slower and gassed somewhat against Diaz. In the Hendricks fight he was a shell of his former self.

The injury has taken it's toll.

__________________
Some people want it to happen, some wish it would happen, others make it happen.

Michael Jordan
Jet40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 08:26 PM   #102
HydralisK

Brown Belt
 
HydralisK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Athens, GA
Posts: 3,844
vCash: 1400
Quote:
Originally Posted by UJustGotChaeld View Post
Except what you said is this ...




Your post had nothing to do with head strikes only. Also the fact you somehow think you can't commit to a strong jab is also telling of your bias and low IQ.

Either way GSP did commit to power strikes, he just went to both the body and head whereas Hendricks only went for the head. You made a stupid comment, got called out on it, and now are desperately looking to squirm your way out.
Lmao, talk about a try hard.

My post's point was that power punches are more likely to present obvious facial trauma, hence the reason I referenced power head strikes.

Significant strikes encompass everything from jabs, to body kicks, leg kicks(where the majority of GSP significant strikes came from.) I also never said you cannot commit to a strong jab or that they are incapable of doing damage. Do you understand the term "more likely?."

You keep talking about low IQ, yet a smarter person than yourself would have walked away 3 posts ago.

Quote:
You made a stupid comment, got called out on it, and now are desperately looking to squirm your way out.
Lol! Accusing me of doing exactly what you are doing, that's clever. I suppose we can attribute that to your high IQ...

__________________
☮ BJ Penn Forever ☮

Bigg Rigg War Wagon. The Chris War Wagon.

Fins up Foes Down.
HydralisK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 08:28 PM   #103
ThunderStruck

Black Belt
 
ThunderStruck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 5,833
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redhawks100 View Post
Conveniently, another GSP nuthugger that doesn't value my opinion. What a shock.
No one sane will ever value your opinion.

ThunderStruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 08:31 PM   #104
UJustGotChaeld

Red Belt
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 8,569
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HydralisK View Post
Lmao, talk about a try hard.

My post's point was that power punches are more likely to present obvious facial trauma, hence the reason I referenced power head strikes.

Significant strikes encompass everything from jabs, to body kicks, leg kicks(where the majority of GSP significant strikes came from.) I also never said you cannot commit to a strong jab or that they are incapable of doing damage. Do you understand the term "more likely?.

You keep talking about low IQ, yet a smarter person than yourself would have walked away 3 posts ago.



Lol! Accusing me of doing exactly what you are doing, that's clever. I suppose we can attribute that to your high IQ...
False, nice revisionism.
Quote:
GSP even strikes "safe." He almost never commits to a power punch for fear of getting countered.
Your point was that GSP fights safe and does not throw hard for fear of being countered. Your post was a way for you to get a dig in on GSP because of your moronic hatred.

Someone who was not filled with blind rage would have forgone the attack on GSP and said something along the lines of Hendricks fighting style tends to be more likely to cause facial damage because he doesn't attack the body as much and doesn't use much of a jab.

That is not what your point was, because that is not what you said. You've been called out for your stupidity.

__________________
Redhawks100
(GSP has) established himself as #1. Over Anderson and everyone else. Including Fedor.
UJustGotChaeld is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 09:21 PM   #105
ejazahmednit

Blue Belt
 
ejazahmednit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 948
vCash: 500
the OP was making a fair point until he bombed with the he could ve knocked out hendricks if he did

its true that concussive trauma leaves no marks compared to grazing shots
see the gus and jones fight, the punch from Gus which grazed bones put a scar on him whereas it was not the best shot that gus hit jones with

__________________
Wand4Life:
Genghis Khanderlei
MMA Mongoloid Danaweight Champion of the world
ejazahmednit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 09:22 PM   #106
ejazahmednit

Blue Belt
 
ejazahmednit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 948
vCash: 500
Redhawks is one of the most sly and intelligent trolls i have seen on this site
sometimes he even rustles my passive jimmies

__________________
Wand4Life:
Genghis Khanderlei
MMA Mongoloid Danaweight Champion of the world
ejazahmednit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 09:26 PM   #107
synyster

Brown Belt
 
synyster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 2,710
vCash: 500

__________________
Always supporting: Genki, Saku, Fedor, Machida, Shlemenko, DC, Cain, Minakov, Aldo, khabib, Weidman, Bigg Rigg.
synyster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2014, 10:00 PM   #108
bat_country

Black Belt
 
bat_country's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 7,384
vCash: 440
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redhawks100 View Post
Conveniently, another GSP nuthugger that doesn't value my opinion. What a shock.
I value your opinion.

And agree.

__________________
"He came, he saw, and if he didn't entirely conquer - he came as close as anybody we are likely to see in the lifetime of this doomed generation."
- Hunter S. Thompson on Muhammad Ali
bat_country is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 11:31 AM   #109
Toco

Purple Belt
 
Toco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 1,979
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonycpa View Post
No. your mind is made up
so you cant

__________________
aldo #1 p4p
Toco is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


Latest Threads



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:33 AM.

Sherdog.com Forum Rules Clear Cookies Social Groups Lost Password
Contact Us - Sherdog Forums - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices

Skin made by Alex. © iStyles.uni.cc Powered by vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
forums.sherdog.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.
monitoring_string = "fd5733925866a04e50edd70f38dfaa35"
monitoring_string = "603ac9fff68f23709f2a42bf5e29272b"