Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 02-04-2014, 06:03 PM   #61
krelianx

Red Belt

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AznCezi187 View Post
P4p #1
He is definitely up there; it's either him or Jones. I think Jones has a small nod, considering ratio of finishes, and slightly longer streak against quality competition.

Old 02-04-2014, 06:12 PM   #62
S. Rico
Smelt Belt

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayElectra View Post
To my eyes (and I have gone through both rounds several times in depth and posted breakdowns), they were extremely close rounds. I can understand giving Aldo a slight edge in either. I can also understand giving either 10-10 or even giving Edgar the 5th outright. Overall, I think Aldo deserved to win the fight, but he couldn't have been comfortable with how 3 of the 5 rounds unfolded.
Well, Edgar is the former LW champ. Alot of people overlook that.

Btw when the fuck is Jay Elec droppin that album?????

WAR WAND!!!!!

Free Aunty Dana

Av by Pr0digy
S. Rico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 06:24 PM   #63
JamezJitsu

Yellow Belt

Aldo is x1000 better than he was in WEC. His head movement is ridiculous, checked almost every leg kick, barely got hit and dominated Lamas on the ground. Dana just wants everyone to speak like Chuck Lidell when they are 40. I Think Aldo has gained so much muscle that it really affects his explosiveness and cardio hopefully he moves to 55 without gaining more Either way Pettis is fucked

JamezJitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 06:25 PM   #64
JayElectra
Paper Belt

vCash: 266
Quote:
Originally Posted by S. Rico View Post
Well, Edgar is the former LW champ. Alot of people overlook that.

Btw when the fuck is Jay Elec droppin that album?????
I think beating Frankie Edgar is one of the more impressive single wins in MMA in the last few years. The fact that Aldo struggled a little in the process doesn't really reflect poorly on him. As for the album, at this point, I wouldn't be shocked if we never saw one.

-Diogenes
JayElectra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 06:37 PM   #65
barrabarra

Yellow Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by krelianx View Post
Most of those KO's and TKO's come from way before, when he fought very differently, and lesser competition. I am speaking of Aldo's UFC title run which conforms to what I described. I also mentioned that I found Aldo to be technically impressive.
Well, sure. He has adjusted. To better fighters and to 5-round fights. I don't blame him. He still has his opponents in deep trouble almost every fight. He still shows amazing technical skills and athletic ability every fight. He masters every single facet of mma. His longest decision streak under Zuffa is two. I just think people are being overly hard on him for going to a few decisions lately.

I'm just never bored watching the guy fight. Decision or not.

barrabarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 07:59 AM   #66
redbrownhaze

Black Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamezJitsu View Post
Aldo is x1000 better than he was in WEC. His head movement is ridiculous, checked almost every leg kick, barely got hit and dominated Lamas on the ground. Dana just wants everyone to speak like Chuck Lidell when they are 40. I Think Aldo has gained so much muscle that it really affects his explosiveness and cardio hopefully he moves to 55 without gaining more Either way Pettis is fucked
I think this is a fair assessment

Aldo probably has a 60 percent chance of buzz sawing all of his opponents if he went full throttle for the first round but the competition is so stiff it's not the best tactical approach for a champ.

How much is the cut really affecting him?

redbrownhaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 10:48 AM   #67
ISM

Brown Belt

Aldo is just that good. Technically, he's near perfect. C'mon, the guy is top 3 P4P in the world.

ISM is offline   Reply With Quote