Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 12-06-2013, 07:40 PM   #11
TatesBeauty**
Banned

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thisisme2 View Post
Thats why i asked to only reply if you were familiar with the pride rules. I was wondering if there were people that knew both but prefererd th ur. If so I would really like to know why.
I was around during PRIDE!!! And Pride rules were way better. Rules and judging.

TatesBeauty** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 07:42 PM   #12
Thisisme2

Blue Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by meinstruggle View Post
i agree but the ufc messes upon a nightly basis
Thats what i mean too. It really upsets me that a lot of decisions go straight against my intuition. And Im 39 and watched the sport since 92 (vale tudo). That must be a failure in the rules if it happens that often!!!!!

Thisisme2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 08:03 PM   #13
Thisisme2

Blue Belt

Are there mma fans around that actualy prefer the unified rules after having whitenessed the pride rules? If so please elaborate.

Old 12-06-2013, 08:27 PM   #14
Thisisme2

Blue Belt

Why would someone who is familiar with both sets of rules prefer the ur? Someone please explain. Thnx!

Old 12-06-2013, 08:40 PM   #15
TatesBeauty**
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thisisme2 View Post
Why would someone who is familiar with both sets of rules prefer the ur? Someone please explain. Thnx!
Its unanimous. No one likes the Unified Rules and want to see them changed. That doesn't mean they want PRIDE rules either. They want like a happy hybrid of both. Just my general feeling since being on sherdog for 7 years.

TatesBeauty** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 08:48 PM   #16
Thisisme2

Blue Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by TatesBeauty View Post
Its unanimous. No one likes the Unified Rules and want to see them changed. That doesn't mean they want PRIDE rules either. They want like a happy hybrid of both. Just my general feeling since being on sherdog for 7 years.
Ok fair enough. What is the consensus then about the prefered change of rules? Except for allowing elbows i mean?

Old 12-06-2013, 09:57 PM   #17
Lanshire

Silver Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Towelie by TKO View Post
PRIDE rules did not allow elbows. I don't like that, as elbow KO's are some of my favorite. I'd prefer a combination of the unified rules and JMMA rules.

If you think PRIDE judges never awarded the fight to the fighter who was stalling or pointfighting you didn't watch PRIDE.

Americans did not invent pointfighting, Ricardo Arona did.

http://forums.sherdog.com/forums/f2/...wrong-2620269/
I prefer Pride rules but Towelie is right here. The term "lay and pray" originated in PRIDE. They did have less lay and pray/pointfighting, but it was definitely present. Plus, Yarennoka used PRIDE rules and Ishida was given the win over Melendez even though he didn't do much besides hug him for most of the fight.

Old 12-06-2013, 10:00 PM   #18
Agnawedbone

Green Belt

Neither are perfect but Unified Rules are definitely better.