Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 02-24-2014, 04:42 AM   #1
PhilBaloney

Blue Belt

vCash: 450
Should Benavidez return to BW

Benavidez has lost twice to Demetrious Johnson and twice to Dominick Cruz. Unless Demetrious Johnson loses he probably wont get a title shot at FLW for a long, long time. However because Dominick is no longer the champion, a title shot at BW doesn't seem far fetched especially seeing how the division is almost cleaned out. I would definetely be more interested in Benavidez vs Barao than Assuncao/Mizugaki vs Barao.

I doubt he could beat Barao, but it would be interesting to see how Barao does against a guy who holds a speed advantage over him. And to those saying: "Benavidez couldn't beat the FLW champ, he has no chance against the BW champ", just remember that Demetrious is a completely different fighter style wise to Barao. You can't compare the two fights like that IMO.

PhilBaloney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 04:43 AM   #2
SpiderCrawl

Brown Belt

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilBaloney View Post
Benavidez has lost twice to Demetrious Johnson and twice to Dominick Cruz. Unless Demetrious Johnson loses he probably wont get a title shot at FW for a long, long time. However because Dominick is no longer the champion, a title shot at BW doesn't seem far fetched especially seeing how the division is almost cleaned out. I would definetely be more interested in Benavidez vs Barao than Assuncao/Mizugaki vs Barao.

I doubt he could beat Barao, but it would be interesting to see how Barao does against a guy who holds a speed advantage over him. And to those saying: "Benavidez couldn't beat the FW champ, he has no chance against the BW champ", just remember that Demetrious is a completely different fighter to Barao. You can't compare the two fights like that IMO.
Barao would bend him over and fuck him completely, like all AM he is a permanent bridesmaid in the UFC.

SpiderCrawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 04:47 AM   #3
PhilBaloney

Blue Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiderCrawl View Post
Barao would bend him over and fuck him completely, like all AM he is a permanent bridesmaid in the UFC.
Do you think Assuncao would do better against Barao?

Old 02-24-2014, 04:49 AM   #4
SpiderCrawl

Brown Belt

Quote:
Do you think Assuncao would do better against Barao?
Much better, just due to size and having fought bigger guys, but the result will be the same, Barao is just on another level right now, I think he will be champ until Aldo decides to move up.

Old 02-24-2014, 04:54 AM   #5
PhilBaloney

Blue Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiderCrawl View Post
Much better, just due to size and having fought bigger guys, but the result will be the same, Barao is just on another level right now, I think he will be champ until Aldo decides to move up.
I mean Benavidez did beat Wineland, and fight to a very close split decision in his title fight against Cruz. I personally think he is a lot better than Assuncao, but that might just be me.

I would also pick Barao in a fight against Joe, but i doubt it would be as one sided as you think

Old 02-24-2014, 04:56 AM   #6
Nelly

Brown Belt

vCash: 735
Problem is TJ is getting up there and Faber is still around. It also depends on Cruz whether or not he can beat Barao. It's sad that his 4 losses are to MM and Cruz. Right now I think he should fight at BW and wait for MM to lose or if Cruz is out of the title picture then he can fight Barao.

Nelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 04:56 AM   #7
SpiderCrawl

Brown Belt

Quote:
I mean Benavidez did beat Wineland, and fight to a very close split decision in his title fight against Cruz. I personally think he is a lot better than Assuncao, but that might just be me.

I would also pick Barao in a fight against Joe, but i doubt it would be as one sided as you think
I'm a big Barao fan so yeah I probably am a bit biased, I just think Joe is better at 125, he is just in a strange place of being the number 2 guy with little chance of beating number 1.

Old 02-24-2014, 05:03 AM   #8
Task
Jimi Russell

vCash: 320
No. Benevidez belongs at FLW.

Old 02-24-2014, 05:56 AM   #9
JAGDPANZER209

Green Belt

vCash: 500
Hit them weights, bulk up a bit, go back to 135 where he has a speed advantage over most guys. Good way to reinvent himself in this new landscape. Otherwise he'll stay a solid number 2 behind Mighty Mouse