Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > Boxing Discussion

Boxing Discussion The Suite of the Sweet Science of Fisticuffs.

Old 07-22-2014, 10:59 PM   #491
nastyleft

Green Belt

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by onSMASH View Post
Lol how is Cotto on/was a decline?
He's just another hater that wants to use regurgitated lame unproven reasons to justify his hatred for Floyd Mayweather Jr. and/or his accomplishments. Just look at how many Champions he has fought over the lat 17 years (83% of all his fights since first winning a belt, were either to defend or win a belt against a Champion, former Champion or a TODAY current Champion)24 of his last 29 fights. 11 of his last 13 fights have been Championship belt fights, including His last 5 straight fights have been against guys coming off of career defining wins. And he's won all of them pretty easily and convincing (including the Maidana fight). Don't hate on the guy cause he beats Champions of this era as if they are level B or C pros. And especially drop the notion because he and Pacman never fought that his achievements have been worthless. If you feel that way then you have to say the same thing for Pacquiao.

Yes Floyd is the most accomplished, greatest Boxer of this era.

Old 07-23-2014, 12:07 AM   #492
nac386

Yellow Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by nastyleft View Post
He's just another hater that wants to use regurgitated lame unproven reasons to justify his hatred for Floyd Mayweather Jr. and/or his accomplishments. Just look at how many Champions he has fought over the lat 17 years (83% of all his fights since first winning a belt, were either to defend or win a belt against a Champion, former Champion or a TODAY current Champion)24 of his last 29 fights. 11 of his last 13 fights have been Championship belt fights, including His last 5 straight fights have been against guys coming off of career defining wins. And he's won all of them pretty easily and convincing (including the Maidana fight). Don't hate on the guy cause he beats Champions of this era as if they are level B or C pros. And especially drop the notion because he and Pacman never fought that his achievements have been worthless. If you feel that way then you have to say the same thing for Pacquiao.

I think Floyd is definitely the greatest fighter of his generation, and that includes all combat sports. He's been dominant for 17 years, often making good fighters look very ordinary.

It's a shame that he loses some esteem from the public for his antics outside of the ring. But inside the ring he is like an artist.

Honorable mention: Manny Pacquiao & Anderson Silva.

nac386 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 09:55 AM   #493
sportkillergreg

Purple Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by nac386 View Post
I think Floyd is definitely the greatest fighter of his generation, and that includes all combat sports. He's been dominant for 17 years, often making good fighters look very ordinary.

It's a shame that he loses some esteem from the public for his antics outside of the ring. But inside the ring he is like an artist.

Honorable mention: Manny Pacquiao & Anderson Silva.
i have trouble calling him the greatest fighter of his generation if he would get taken down and submitted by a 135 pound woman.

Old 07-23-2014, 09:57 AM   #494
sportkillergreg

Purple Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by nastyleft View Post

the maidana fight was not easy nor convincing. it took floyd 5 rounds of laying on the ropes half-asleep to wake up.

Old 07-23-2014, 10:26 AM   #495
LogicalInsanity

Quote:
What's all this agenda talk? I didn't even bring up the topic. Somebody said Floyd missed weight, and somebody else challenged it and said he did NOT miss weight.

Then I offered the evidence available for saying he did miss weight. There's no agenda, you guys take this way too seriously.

People debated who won the Canelo vs Lara fight...did they all have agendas? People debate everything on here.

I'm finding that people on here are so used to people absolutely hating Floyd or absolutely loving Floyd, that saying anything about him puts you in a category.

I'm not in one of those categories. Relax, no agenda. Just debating a contract.

Voice of Treason - Everybody agrees to be 100% sure the contract needs to be seen, yet everybody still gives their opinion. Not sure why that is only directed at me.
Nothing you offered was factually inaccurate. As a matter of fact, you have been the only one to provide sources.

And people (mostly those debating against you) have convulted the argument from, "missing weight" to "violating the contract."

Floyd Mayweather came in over weight so they had to amend the initial agreement and financially compensate JMM.

Personally, I don't think the 2 pounds would have mattered and PBF would have won easily either way.

And it was understandable why he was overweight, he was coming off a year and a half break, and nursing a rib injury.

I don't see why the PBFCSC gets all up in arms over any and all criticism of Mayweather.

Mayweather was overweight on the initial agreed weight. That cannot be disputed.

Old 07-23-2014, 11:29 AM   #496
nac386

Yellow Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicalInsanity View Post
Nothing you offered was factually inaccurate. As a matter of fact, you have been the only one to provide sources.

And people (mostly those debating against you) have convulted the argument from, "missing weight" to "violating the contract."

Floyd Mayweather came in over weight so they had to amend the initial agreement and financially compensate JMM.

Personally, I don't think the 2 pounds would have mattered and PBF would have won easily either way.

And it was understandable why he was overweight, he was coming off a year and a half break, and nursing a rib injury.

I don't see why the PBFCSC gets all up in arms over any and all criticism of Mayweather.

Mayweather was overweight on the initial agreed weight. That cannot be disputed.
Even if you disagree, if someone is providing evidence to support their opinion then they're already doing more than most posters on here. I provided a quote from Floyd's business partner and promoter saying that he was overweight and paid a penalty.

The response?

"Yo you got an anti-Floyd agenda"

This board is a bit sensitive about him. Why is that? Floyd's fine, he doesn't need anyone to go overboard like that to defend him.

Old 07-23-2014, 12:04 PM   #497
nastyleft

Green Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicalInsanity View Post

Quote:
Even if you disagree, if someone is providing evidence to support their opinion then they're already doing more than most posters on here. I provided a quote from Floyd's business partner and promoter saying that he was overweight and paid a penalty.

The response?

"Yo you got an anti-Floyd agenda"

This board is a bit sensitive about him. Why is that? Floyd's fine, he doesn't need anyone to go overboard like that to defend him.

Old 07-23-2014, 12:05 PM   #498
Helmut Zemo

Orange Belt

There's an argument to be made, but I believe Hopkins was greater.

Edgar|DJ|Werdum|Gegard|Gus
Cub|Alvarez|Barnett|Hunt|APettis|TJD|NBK

MJohnson|Wonderboy|Maia|Eagle|JorgeM|PCurran|Gunni|Thominhas

Yoel|Rukus|Backstrom|KZ|Scog
Helmut Zemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 12:16 PM   #499
Seano
Hands of bone

vCash: 670
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helmut Zemo View Post
rofl

Old 07-23-2014, 12:18 PM   #500
nac386

Yellow Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helmut Zemo View Post
Roy Jones proved to be better than Hopkins though. RJJ fell off very rapidly, while Hopkins has continued being a decent boxer, but I don't think Hopkins even enters this discussion because there was never a moment in time when I'd consider Hopkins the top P4P fighter.