Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 06-12-2014, 04:15 PM   #31
KrPlud

Brown Belt

vCash: 500
WAR Chael!!!

With Chael retiring, the UFC fighter overall IQ went way down. J/K!!!

Worst run states in the US are Democrat

Best Presidents in the US were Republican

Worst Presidents in the US were/currently Democrat

Pattern???
KrPlud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 04:30 PM   #32
KaneThePhoenix

Blue Belt

I'm a big fan of his. Even though I won't make excuses for him he had a legitimate beef about the commissions not having any exit plan for testing athletes (In out of competition testing which is different than if they apply for a license. A distinction that not many fans make BEFORE they rip on a fighter.) cycling off of TRT Therapy. The out of competition testing without ANY idea how to test or understanding there was bound to be problems for them cycling off TRT therapy while the fighters are cycling off the treatment makes the Nevada commission look suspect (To say the least) in my eyes NOT Chael.

Plus there are discrepancies about cycling off users of TRT Therapy. I had an idea that Vitor failed when I created my thread in May asking for theories as to what happened AFTER Vitor tested positive. I didn't bash him and honestly the science behind TRT Therapy is confusing to say the least. You can say someone is wrong if their levels are high but of course they would be high being tested immediately AFTER being injected (I believe Vitor was injected by his physician several days or less then was tested in Vegas.)

http://forums.sherdog.com/forums/f2/...ssion-2729271/

So unless someone perhaps like Dr. Benjamin from MMAJunkie comes out with an article explaining as far as he knows the science behind the therapy and cycling off to normal levels it is all just speculation by the fans and not worth getting into a tizzy about.

KaneThePhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 04:42 PM   #33
Ancient Warrior

Silver Belt

I'm not into the whole "talking your way" into main events or title contention schtick.

Ancient Warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 04:43 PM   #34
psychodad

Purple Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzilla3232 View Post
When you're really good at something then you'll likely end up being admired for it. Hence the fandom, but just as many people still to this day haven't healed the scars Chael has left on their very souls with his fantastic trolling.

So many people left so bitter in his wake. It really is glorious.

Smart enough people admired Chael for his extraordinary ability to do things nobody else was successfully doing in the UFC. Dumb enough people were gotten to and hated him for everything.

It's funny and at the same time sad to watch people commenting about Chael when they have so obviously been taken for a ride by a master and they don't even know it.

Chael retiring was like a frontal lobotomy for UFC. They lost most of their brain and all of the personality.

psychodad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 04:49 PM   #35
Chapter40z

vCash: 617
I liked chael so i'm in.

aker2703 is always fun to argue with on a drunken friday night.
Chapter40z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 05:36 PM   #36
KaneThePhoenix

Blue Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ancient Warrior View Post
I'm not into the whole "talking your way" into main events or title contention schtick.
It's the nature of MMA in the UFC now. Brought on possibly by injured fighters, not enough fighters stepping up as well as Dana's bullshit assertion that fighters should be fired for the weakest transgression while keeping others they shouldn't. Honestly half of the UFC's problems seem to be problems either Dana brought on with his comments or he and Joe Silva (Who I don't have many problems with) ignorantly firing fighters with NO rhyme or reason.

They don't even understand or know how to develop fighters into personalities people want to see. Nor do they keep certain fighters for Fight Pass, Free TV cards or PPV. In my mind certain fighters like Ben Henderson (Who I'm a fan of) should be on the TV cards, certain fighters should be on PPV and have a rotation of various fighters to keep it fresh for various cards. I'm glad they're giving Mighty Mouse a shot at PPV too.

KaneThePhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 06:09 PM   #37
Jackonflame

Silver Belt

vCash: 300
I appreciate the fact that he had no shame in using both hands and both feet when he tapped out to Rashad.

I've never seen a fighter do that before. And I probably never will again.

Old 06-12-2014, 06:14 PM   #38
Cage917r

Purple Belt

He was entertaining as the core

Cage917r is offline   Reply With Quote