Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 02-12-2013, 04:24 PM   #781
Idonotbelieveit
Banned

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claude View Post
*Pride had thew best HW division
*Affliction had 6/10 top fighters
*Strikeforce had arguably the best HW division and half of the top 10.

Fedor fought the best by staying away from the UFC.
all true!

Idonotbelieveit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 04:34 PM   #782
knight of mma
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claude View Post
*Pride had thew best HW division
*Affliction had 6/10 top fighters
*Strikeforce had arguably the best HW division and half of the top 10.

Fedor fought the best by staying away from the UFC.
this is all clear and yet UFC fanboys think that the UFC has allways been the only place for top HWs

knight of mma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 05:40 PM   #783
xenomorph4prez

Green Belt

fedor is a boss and did what he thought was best for him and his family. i'm absolutely positive he doesn't lose any sleep over not satisfying a bunch of random sherdog posters. his place in mma history is also firmly cemented whether haters like it or not. the guy is retired and gets more attention from haters and nuthuggers than any active fighter. i think his legacy is secure.

Old 02-12-2013, 06:00 PM   #784
xenomorph4prez

Green Belt

ufc didn't meet whatever terms fedor wanted and other orgs did. it's business. at the end of the day he is not competeing only for your enjoyment but for his well being and that of his family. if he can get paid more and have more agreeable terms why would'nt he. i personally would've liked to see him in the ufc but he apparently was better compensated elsewhere.

Old 02-13-2013, 06:05 AM   #785
knight of mma
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by xenomorph4prez View Post
ufc didn't meet whatever terms fedor wanted and other orgs did. it's business. at the end of the day he is not competeing only for your enjoyment but for his well being and that of his family. if he can get paid more and have more agreeable terms why would'nt he. i personally would've liked to see him in the ufc but he apparently was better compensated elsewhere.
i don't know how this can be called ducking. fedor did great in his career and he owes dana and the UFC nothing which is a great thing for any fighter.

couture has been an UFC legend and now he is being shitted on for signing with Bellator because he felt like that was the best thing for his career. and people say he betrayed dana. well, fedor didn't betray M-1 and Vadim. another win for Fedor the same people who shit on fedor for not leaving M-1, shit on couture for "betrayal" of the same kind

knight of mma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 06:46 AM   #786
moreorless87

Red Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by knight of mma View Post
i don't know how this can be called ducking. fedor did great in his career and he owes dana and the UFC nothing which is a great thing for any fighter.

couture has been an UFC legend and now he is being shitted on for signing with Bellator because he felt like that was the best thing for his career. and people say he betrayed dana. well, fedor didn't betray M-1 and Vadim. another win for Fedor the same people who shit on fedor for not leaving M-1, shit on couture for "betrayal" of the same kind
This really highlights the sad thing about alot of MMA fans for me, you can argue that forming emotional attachments to the sucess of any sportsman isnt always the best use of time but at least in Fedor's case its to someone who provides a pretty inspirational and positive role model.

Forming a deep emotional connection to a promoter(NOT the sport as a whole) who's only looking out for maximum profit and repeatly disrespects any fighter who might stand agenst those interests is really well just a little bit pathetic.

moreorless87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 06:49 AM   #787
Capsela

Green Belt

I'm sad threads about Fedor never go away.

Oh, and wrong forum.

Old 02-15-2013, 06:03 PM   #788
Reel Box Fen
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mufasatheking View Post
Completely different situation, fedor is more like a James J. Jeffries then a Joe Louis.

He dominated at a time when the sport was still finding its footing.

No.

Fedor dominated during a time when the sport was already featuring incredible fighters and athletes. Fedor, Mirko, Big Nog, Shogun, Wand, Rampage, Randleman, Henderson, Liddell etc the list goes on.

Its hilarious when trolls want to act like Fedor fought in a prehistoric era of bums. MMA was well developed before it was well known by Brock Lesnar fans in the US.

Last edited by Reel Box Fen; 02-15-2013 at 06:09 PM.
Reel Box Fen is offline   Reply With Quote