Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 07-15-2014, 05:08 PM   #261
vicious01

White Belt

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wellz6 View Post
That's because the KO came right after Aldo grabbed the fence when it appeared Mendes was about to get a takedown. I'm not saying this would have changed the outcome, but it sucks the way it happens, and I'd be pissed about it if I was Mendes. I get pissed anytime a fighter grabs the fence like that. The "instinct" thing is no longer an excuse. No fence grabbing has been a rule for years, fighters need to get used to it.

Based on the other takedowns in the fight, I still think Aldo gets to his feet and wins by KO, please stop saying that this fence grab would have changed the fight! He could not even keep Aldo down for two seconds, therefore Mendes got KTFO and became another highlight for Aldo.

vicious01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 05:14 PM   #262
riddleofsteel
The Usurper

vCash: 190
I'm torn between who I want to win this fight; if Mendes wins there will probably be an immediate rematch. If Aldo wins he probably won't have another fight for 8-10 months.

Rothwell TKO Overeem in 2:19. Mitrione KO Lewis in 0:41.
Sometimes, hype just ain't enough.
Eddie who?
riddleofsteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 05:15 PM   #263
riddleofsteel
The Usurper

vCash: 190
Was this posted already? Mendes is now accusing Aldo of using PEDs
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mma-ca...211747609.html

I like [random drug testing]. The only thing I question about the system is what do we do about guys that are out of the country? Guys in Brazil, guys in Japan, can we trust those random drug tests? Mendes said.

I was thinking about this the other day: If someone were to knock on Aldos door in Brazil and say, We need to give you a random drug test, and he says Heres $1,000, go away, its done. I feel like something like that could happen very easily. I just want to know what the system would be -- how could we trust that its going to be fair everywhere?

Rothwell TKO Overeem in 2:19. Mitrione KO Lewis in 0:41.
Sometimes, hype just ain't enough.
Eddie who?
riddleofsteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 05:28 PM   #264
Tankeray
come up and get me

somewhat juvenile but hilarious as fuck. can't wait for this fight, good trash talk

Fuck you.
Tankeray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 12:18 PM   #265
wellz6

Brown Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicious01 View Post
Based on the other takedowns in the fight, I still think Aldo gets to his feet and wins by KO, please stop saying that this fence grab would have changed the fight! He could not even keep Aldo down for two seconds, therefore Mendes got KTFO and became another highlight for Aldo.
Are you illiterate? Or just too lazy to read my entire post before responding? I specifically said in my post, "I'm not saying this would have changed the outcome."

wellz6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 12:33 PM   #266
robotsonic

Green Belt

vCash: 50
I used to like Mendes but he's making himself look like a clown. Aldo wipes him out in a round and he thinks Aldo is 'scared to fight him'. Now, looking like he does, he's accusing Aldo of roiding? Chad needs to learn what to say and when to say it. The two things he's said to Aldo are the most ridiculous criticisms ever coming from him.

What next, is he going to call Aldo a midget?

robotsonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 12:37 PM   #267
Kenro199x

Brown Belt

My high school class of 1995 wants its insult back, Chad.

Kenro199x is offline   Reply With Quote