Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 07-16-2014, 12:47 PM   #11
BringPrideBack

Yellow Belt

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dontevenguess93 View Post
I trained under Edson a few years. He was never one to go unusually hard in sparring. But keep in mind he is old in fight years. He may only have 15 mma fights but he has 28 pro Muay Thai fights and over 30 amateur fights. He had his first full contact kickboxing match at 8 years old.

He told me that his first time getting KO'd was at 14 years old and he woke up in the locker room.
Damn, maybe that has something to do with it? It can't be healthy to get your brain rattled like that in your formative years.
It sucks. He's one of my favorite fighters to watch. His offense is so captivating and flawless. He's so fast. Did you ever spar with him?

BringPrideBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 12:47 PM   #12
Bazooka1

Green Belt

Cerrone by Ud in a back n forth battle.

Barboza v Dunham is a 50/50 fight I can see Edson picking him apart and taking him out late with strikes or I can see Dunham catching Barboza cold on the chin and finishing him off.

Very close and even fights overall.

Old 07-16-2014, 12:57 PM   #13
zxyss25

Orange Belt

vCash: 64
My bets

Healy
Lineker
Barbosa
Rick Story
Jim Miller

WW...Lombard
LW...Thomson
FW...Zombie
BW---Alcantara
zxyss25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 12:59 PM   #14
Dontevenguess93
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BringPrideBack View Post
Damn, maybe that has something to do with it? It can't be healthy to get your brain rattled like that in your formative years.
It sucks. He's one of my favorite fighters to watch. His offense is so captivating and flawless. He's so fast. Did you ever spar with him?
Yeah I sparred with him more times than I could ever count. But me being a student it was more educational sparring so sometimes he would even stop midway to teach me something. I trained with him since before he was a pro til the Jamie Varner fight and he showed me how to wheel kick.

I don't think his chin is that bad yet. I think he's been hurt a few times situationally speaking (meaning the same shots would hurt many other fighters).

Regardless, I know him being who he is he will be like a Liddell or Penn in the sense that he will go down swinging. Even when he's older and the game has passed him he will be that guy who believes he can beat anyone and will want to test it, that's just how he is.

Dontevenguess93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 03:39 PM   #15
Dontevenguess93
Banned

Not bad 2 for 2!

Dontevenguess93 is offline   Reply With Quote