Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 01-22-2014, 07:46 AM   #11
edwinmaniac

Blue Belt

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk601 View Post
Jacare is mentioned all the time. What are you talking about?
This

edwinmaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 07:59 AM   #12
DesertStomper**
Banned

I like Jacare but I think Weidman is a really tough match up for him. Weidman is a much better wrestler and striker and can hang on the ground.

I'd set Weidman at about -370 to -400 against Jacare.

DesertStomper** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 08:06 AM   #13
jjresq

Brown Belt

vCash: 3890
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jose Aldo Nova View Post
Huh. Sig bet, sir?
sure

jjresq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 08:09 AM   #14
jmk1502

Brown Belt

Taking into account their resumes, but much more importantly how they've been fighting as of late, here's how the MW division looks, IMHO of course:

1. Vitor
2. Machida
3. Souza
4. Weidman
5. Mousasi
6. Rockhold
7. Bisping

Sonnen if he drops back down could be right in there with Weidman. Vitor demolishes Weidman (we'll see that soon enough), as he does everyone except perhaps Machida; Machida beats Weidman the vast majority of the time; Souza wins more than half the time against Weidman. Mousasi. probably 50/50 vs the current champ of the class. MW is the only division in the UFC in quite a while where the current belt holder is most certainly NOT the best fighter, and by a long shot.

JDS, Faber, Mighty Mouse, Jacare, Gus, Big Rig, Josh Thomson, Faber, DC

DC will be the next LHW champ
jmk1502 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 08:12 AM   #15
DesertStomper**
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmk1502 View Post
Taking into account their resumes, but much more importantly how they've been fighting as of late, here's how the MW division looks, IMHO of course:

1. Vitor
2. Machida
3. Souza
4. Weidman
5. Mousasi
6. Rockhold
7. Bisping

Sonnen if he drops back down could be right in there with Weidman. Vitor demolishes Weidman (we'll see that soon enough), as he does everyone except perhaps Machida; Machida beats Weidman the vast majority of the time; Souza wins more than half the time against Weidman. Mousasi. probably 50/50 vs the current champ of the class. MW is the only division in the UFC in quite a while where the current belt holder is most certainly NOT the best fighter, and by a long shot.

Oh man you're funny. Keep up the good work.

Old 01-22-2014, 08:16 AM   #16
jmk1502

Brown Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertStomper View Post
I like Jacare but I think Weidman is a really tough match up for him. Weidman is a much better wrestler and striker and can hang on the ground.

I'd set Weidman at about -370 to -400 against Jacare.
I'd say Jacare will prove a lot against Carmont, as far as Jacare's skill on the ground (not that he really needs to prove much). Weidman is solid all-around, but saying that he can hang with someone who is the "best" at what they do (Jacare at grappling) is giving Weidman way too much credit, which has been the case since Weidman-Silva II, and will continue to be the case until Vitor-Weidman.

JDS, Faber, Mighty Mouse, Jacare, Gus, Big Rig, Josh Thomson, Faber, DC

DC will be the next LHW champ
jmk1502 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 08:18 AM   #17
Dreihkon

Blue Belt

Quote:

1. Vitor
2. Machida
3. Souza
4. Weidman
5. Mousasi
6. Rockhold
7. Bisping

wat

Old 01-22-2014, 08:18 AM   #18
Geo_Mac

Orange Belt

Just for the record I'm not saying that he never gets mentioned at all, just thinking he gets mentioned a hell of a lot less than any other top MW these days. Look any many of the top threads today...few of them mention Souza in their posts.

Old 01-22-2014, 08:22 AM   #19
eiyuu

Black Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo_Mac View Post
All over this forum everyone seems to be talking about many of the fighters like Belfort, Rockhold and some of the newly minted MW's like Machida.

I agree that Vitor would present a good fight as well as Machida...don't really understand the Mousasi love in the title picture though.

But how come no one has really mentioned much about the dark house in the division, what about Jacare Souza?

I know he has some losses to some of the names mentioned above, but how do you think he would fair against Weidman?
Been talking about Jacare vs Weidman (or at least whomever holds the title) for a while now

Quote:
Originally Posted by eiyuu View Post
Passing of the torch, so go Weidman.

Until he fights Jacare.
Quote:
Yup, hope he holds that title for a long time . . . or at least until he faces Jacare
Quote:
If you're a Silva fan, you have to root for Weidman. You don't want the person who beat your guy just get smashed by the next guy. I want the best to only lose to the best.

So Weidman all the way!

Until he faces Jacare. I thought that if Silva ever fought Jacare, Jacare would win. So I'll be rooting for Jacare over Weidman.
Quote:
Lombard vs Alves
Gustafson vs Jones II
Jacare vs whomever's the MW champ

- PRIDE
- IVC

Saying a fighter "almost won" or had a "near win" is akin to saying someone "almost" or "nearly defused a bomb"
eiyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 08:27 AM   #20
DesertStomper**
Banned

Quote:
I'd say Jacare will prove a lot against Carmont, as far as Jacare's skill on the ground (not that he really needs to prove much). Weidman is solid all-around, but saying that he can hang with someone who is the "best" at what they do (Jacare at grappling) is giving Weidman way too much credit, which has been the case since Weidman-Silva II, and will continue to be the case until Vitor-Weidman.
Well he hung with Galvao in ADCC after 1 year of training who would defeat current Jacare in pure grappling so yea, I think he'd hang after 4 years of experience now.

He did just fine with Maia on the ground.

Rockhold and Kennedy hung with Jacare just fine on the ground.

Weidman would be more than fine on the ground. Probably won't even get there though as Weidman would knock him out within the first two rounds.