Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 10-21-2013, 11:23 PM   #11
Joey Sangfroid

Purple Belt

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by how high View Post
Jones outstrikes him badly. DC was able to out speed the bigger guys at HW but don't see that happening against jones. I think Jones would break him down with his punches and occasional kicks
The first occasional kick and Jones gets dumped on his head.

Joey Sangfroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 11:29 PM   #12
scrap style**
Banned

Cormier on paper has a lot of problems to beat jones. Unfortunately that's only on paper. He hasn't looked good since moving to the UFC. I mean he beat both frank and Roy but he didn't make it look so easy. He struggled getting Roy down at times, and didn't show amazing skills anywhere IMO. Sure he looked good in strike force, but he just doesn't seem to be championship caliber when I really look at it. I like DC, but he is terribly overrated.

scrap style** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 11:36 PM   #13
spardeous

Blue Belt

IMO, DC makes Jones look silly if they fought. I think stylistically, whatever Jones can throw at DC(besides the reach), Cain already throws at DC on a daily basis during training. DC's explosiveness and ability to close distance are both top tier, and (specifically from the Gus fight where reach and height were near identical) I see those as being huge threats to Jones.

DC regularly trains with a guy bigger than him(Cain) with superb wrestling. Come fight time, DC will have regularly trained with a guy MUCH bigger than him(205 vs 250) with superb wrestling.

Cain will be the next HW champion(July 6th, 2010).
Gegard Mousasi has the potential and skill to end up as the future GOAT.
Was wrong about Mirko, he definitely needs to retire.
spardeous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 12:00 AM   #14
ferrisjso

Purple Belt

DC matches up with Jones even worse than Glover. DC has the shortest reach of any opponent Jones has faced and if Rashad couldn't close the distance for a TD I doubt DC could. Jones will just pick him apart from a distance and while Glover has the power which gives him a tiny chance of getting lucky for DC that tiny chance doesn't exist.

ferrisjso is offline   Reply With Quote