Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 08-17-2014, 04:49 PM   #21
ViperPit

White Belt

vCash: 500
Was there live. Prelims sucked, Alvey vs. Watson was the only decent fight, the rest didn't seem like they really wanted it. The crowd was so psyched up though for seeing the UFC in Maine they were still in good spirits. Dana even got a huge cheer when the crowd first noticed him.

The main card was pretty decent though, up until the main event it was all finishes which was great after all those prelim decisions.

The Tim Boetsch win really made the night, I've never heard a crowd react like that, even at NFL games. I can't imagine how awesome that must have been for him. And to do it with a comeback TKO, doesn't get much better.

The main event was a bit of a let down. At least 80% of the people who attended were there since the prelims. Watching it live I never realized how much dead time there is between fights, that I never noticed on TV, after sitting for 4.5 hours people were getting restless. The first two rounds were ok, but in the third and especially the fourth and fifth people started to realize this was going to be a man humping session. More and more people were calling out things like "sweep the leg" "hit him in the kissah" "hit him wicked haaahd" etc. Bader talked a lot about how OSP never fought a guy who hits and hard as him, but it seemed like Bader was more interested in lay and pray and grinding out a decision than doing damage. I came out of the fight liking OSP more.

I knew it would be a decision for Bader so I left at 2:30 in the 5th, was first out of the parking lot and was glad I did.

If the main even had been a finish or a bit more of a battle it would have been 8/10 event for me. As it was I'm giving it a generous 7/10, I'm glad I went, great to have been at the first UFC event in Maine, it went off with out a hitch and I hope they come back soon.

ViperPit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 04:52 PM   #22
sibelle

Blue Belt

$54.99/10

sibelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 04:55 PM   #23
Stonehenge

Purple Belt

3.5/10