Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums

Go Back   Sherdog Mixed Martial Arts Forums > Fight Discussion > UFC Discussion

UFC Discussion Discuss UFC, former WEC and former Pride events here.

Old 08-06-2014, 12:18 PM   #21
subrosa215

Orange Belt

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonofjay817 View Post
We all have personal space. If you are walking down the street and a stranger comes up an inch from your face in a stare down, I believe a shove is in order to remove them from that space. Granted, during an official stare down that personal space is reduced, but even then to put your forehead on another man's forehead is a foul in my book. Jon started it. But after seeing some tweets by Cormier, i'm starting to think I would like to see either one of these guys get their butt handed to them.
That's not a legit excuse. DC did the same thing to Cummins for no reason. Cummins wasn't in DC's personal space. No DC just wanted to establish some dominance against JBJ because he knew he'd look like a chump in that staredown with him being significantly shorter and them getting so close.

subrosa215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 12:21 PM   #22
subrosa215

Orange Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonofjay817 View Post
We all have personal space. If you are walking down the street and a stranger comes up an inch from your face in a stare down, I believe a shove is in order to remove them from that space. Granted, during an official stare down that personal space is reduced, but even then to put your forehead on another man's forehead is a foul in my book. Jon started it. But after seeing some tweets by Cormier, i'm starting to think I would like to see either one of these guys get their butt handed to them.
Putting a forehead on forehead is not a foul, fuck face. It even happens in stare downs right before the bell rings.

Jon didn't start that. It's normal for some forehead action in staredowns. It happens all the fucking time. Shoving happens a little less, but does happen every once and a while. But shoving/chopping at a neck in a staredown, virtually never happens, and nobody should be surprised by JBJ's reaction.

subrosa215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 12:25 PM   #23
Pixelated

Black Belt

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by subrosa215 View Post
I'm getting really fucking tired hearing DC repeat this rant excuse that the only reason he pushed bones was b/c he was disrepesected with his personal space bla bla bla. BULL FUCKING SHIT. He did the same goddamn thing to Cummins for no fucking reason. He probably knew beforehand that he was going to shove JBJ just b/c Uncle Dana wasn't there. He got what he was asking for, and to later act like the victim, shows that DC is the fake one here.
I like this guy

Old 08-06-2014, 01:54 PM   #24
7th

Red Belt

Quote:
I'm getting really fucking tired hearing DC repeat this rant excuse that the only reason he pushed bones was b/c he was disrepesected with his personal space bla bla bla. BULL FUCKING SHIT. He did the same goddamn thing to Cummins for no fucking reason. He probably knew beforehand that he was going to shove JBJ just b/c Uncle Dana wasn't there. He got what he was asking for, and to later act like the victim, shows that DC is the fake one here.
you're right

Quote:
Putting a forehead on forehead is not a foul, fuck face. It even happens in stare downs right before the bell rings.

Jon didn't start that. It's normal for some forehead action in staredowns. It happens all the fucking time. Shoving happens a little less, but does happen every once and a while. But shoving/chopping at a neck in a staredown, virtually never happens, and nobody should be surprised by JBJ's reaction.

nonsense. Just because some idiots get away with it, doesn't mean it's normal. I don't know if anyone's done that to chuck or gsp either. If it happens, it's either mutual or it's disrespectful.

7th is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 02:13 PM   #25
GBcrazy

Orange Belt

vCash: 300
People that think pushing is ok: stop remembering the time your schoolmate shoved you and didn't hurt. DC is a fucking heavyweight and professional fighter, unexpected shoving hurts and makes people angry, JJ overreacted but Cormier asked for it.

GBcrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 02:55 PM   #26
El Fernas

White Belt

vCash: 301
I think Silva vs Vitor got a little intense there, no pushing though.

Recently Floyd vs Maidana got into a shoving scene, to a much less extent, mostly because they "knew" something "would happen" and also because there is always like 20 people there on boxing staredowns.

El Fernas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 03:10 PM   #27
ceestand

Orange Belt

vCash: 142
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishwhiskey119 View Post
Nate pushed Cerrone.
I saw the thread title and I all thought was "Diaz?"

Don't say "less cards" when what you really mean is "only quality PPV cards."
ceestand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 07:45 PM   #28
omawho402

Green Belt

Frank Mir and DC had a funny interview together. I think DC is a nice guy, but when it comes to fighting he's an aggressive and dominant dude.

Last edited by omawho402; 08-06-2014 at 08:39 PM.
omawho402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 07:56 PM   #29
Rozwell

Silver Belt

Well this whole incident really brought the crybabies out of the woodwork.

Old 08-06-2014, 07:57 PM   #30
Rozwell

Silver Belt

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBcrazy View Post
People that think pushing is ok: stop remembering the time your schoolmate shoved you and didn't hurt. DC is a fucking heavyweight and professional fighter, unexpected shoving hurts and makes people angry, JJ overreacted but Cormier asked for it.